What's new

GW2 PVE Fire Elly (Just some theorycrafting)

martialblack

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEEQJArYhImYbkRzgjDAhHCQQCjCcUeEzM1A;T8AgyyqEUJpSVliKqvMfJ y l7L5XDCOUMpA

Thought Process behind build:
Have a build that puts out tons of dmg is my number 1 priority. This build focuses on Power and criticals without speccing into air, the reason I did not spec into air is because of all the dmg in the fire tree. So in order to get the crit, I focused on crit gear. The burning tree will give me burns on crit and overall large power numbers.

Traits I receive from build:
- Deal 5% more dmg to burning foes
- When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain: Fire (might), Earth, (protection), Air (swiftness), Water (Regeneration)
- Attunement bonuses linger for 5 additional seconds
- Grant yourself fury (increase crit by 20%) on attunement switch
- Skills have a chance to apply condition on crit
- 20% chance to apply burning on critical hits
- Deal 10% more dmg while attuned to fire
- Each fire spell you cast adds might for a short time
- Deal 5% more dmg to bleeding foes
- Arcane skills cause burning for 5 secs while attuned to fire
- Arcane skills recharge 20% faster

Traits I receive from Runes:
- 30% chance to cause lightning strike on critical hits
- 15% burning duration
- 5% dmg against burning foes

Statistics:
Power: 2010
Precision: 1541
Toughness: 1016
Vitality: 1710
Attack: 3020 (Condition dmg: 1456)
Crit Chance: 34%
Armor: 1936
Health: 18745
Playstyle:
One thing you need to know is that in the fire attune you will not be spamming the 1 skill. All it does is increase burn duration, not intensity. So after you apply all your burns, gtfo of fire attune and go to earth. Once you are in earth, you can apply your bleeds (get 5% more dmg from trait) and then spam the 1 skill (which benefits from your power AND cond dmg as opposed to just cond dmg like fire 1) until your burn is at around 2 secs left. Once your burn is almost done, switch back to fire and reapply a full burn rotation. This play style will maximize dps by not wasting your burns... no use on finishing a boss fight with 5 mins of burns still left on a boss... since that dmg hasn't happened yet...) Having the arcane tree maxed out will lower this attunenment dancing CD and keep fury and might buff up for a large period of time.

*** This build was made without knowing how much survivability you will need in end game PVE... beware this is a glass cannon***

At a glance, this doesn't quite look right considering that site puts the sPvP jewelry in all slots so you may want to remove the earrings/rings to get a better look at the approximate stats. Drops your crit to 10%.

Edit: OK, I can't sleep so I'm going to mess around with a similar build. I am using your build as the basis of the idea but switching a few things and I will attempt to give reasoning. Scepter/dagger is the best for going burn build so I am focusing all my efforts on burns and pure dps.

Switch out the glyph heal for the signet heal. This provides a touch of survivability

Switch Arcane Power for Arcane Wave. Its another provider of burn with your Elemental surge and its AoE

Switch your Earth Adept skill from Salt Stone to Signet Mastery. The burn from signet of fire is great damage and will be getting used as often as its up. Also helps the signet heal I changed in.

Switch Rampagers jewel to Carrion jewel. More power

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEEQJArYhMmYbkxygjDAhHCQQCjCgUeEzM1A;TsAgyCuo4xwjgHLPOek8MI4QxkCA

There just wasn't enough reasoning to trying to keep critical strikes in this build. It will rely on condition damage from the burns and just pure dps power. In no way do I disrespect your build, martialblack. Let me know what you think.

Edit 2:
And... I just realized that the Fire adept should be Internal Fire since I am going no crits. So, changing the Fire Master to Pyromancer's Alacrity seems to round out the build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEEQJArYhMmYbkxygjDAhHEwQCjCgUeEzM1A;TsAgyCuo4xwjgHLPOek8MI4QxkCA

the only thing is...realize, while you are staying in fire attune a lot...you will have to go into water, air, and earth while ur fire skills are on CD

so you will do massive damage for about 5-8 secs...and then your going to be medicore for 10-15 secs

i was staying in one attunement a lot during most of the bwe...and i was getting curbstomped

once i started switching and putting all my weapon skills on CD, i was the one doing the curbstomping

I found a flaw in the plan, according to that build editor, Burn stacks by duration and not by intensity. There goes my entire idea of burn build.

In PVE swapping between more than 2 attunements isn't necessarily needed. Since the burning DOT just adds more time and not more dmg... By the time I switch to earth there will be more than enough time to sit in earth for a good bit and lay down all my bleeds and use the 1 skill continuously which stacks the intensity. The main reason I won't sit in fire and spam the 1 skill is that it doesn't increase in intensity... so all it does is increase my overall time the dot is up... which doesn't increase DPS (however it is nice when having to kite). This also reminded me... I need to switch out the gear runes because I do not need burn duration increase.

Also gift... what pieces of gear will you have in PVE? Do you have the earings and rings and no ammy? Do you get all of them? Im trying to build around PVE not PVP. Also, I want to keep my crit at around 30% because of the 2 skills that apply conditions on crit... Since my main source of dmg isn't from my direct dmg, I am not going to change my amulet. Power is nice, but condition dmg is nicer.

Going to update my build with some of your recommendations that I agree on :D

OK, switched some things up.

-Switched my gear runes to superior rune of nightmare. Was going to go with krait however... I feel like 5% less bleed duration is worth the 10% duration I will get on burn as well, and that fear when hit is a good oh shit proc. Plus this has a shit ton of condition dmg, realized I don't need as much power and it was a waste.
- So I decided to keep my heal that I had. I feel like having 35 power and cond dmg is worth more than an extra DOT (which only increases the length of uptime).
- Since I didn't drop my heal I didn't change salt stone. With the 10% increase duration of bleeds... that 5% dmg will have a pretty good uptime. the 5% dmg boost when bleeding and the perma might buff from heal is superior dps.
- Also my play style needs to change... here is the new one:
"One thing you need to know is that in the fire attune you will not be spamming the 1 skill. All it does is increase burn duration, not intensity. So after you apply all your burns, gtfo of fire attune and go to earth. Once you are in earth, you can apply your bleeds (get 5% more dmg from trait) and then spam the 1 skill (which benefits from your power AND cond dmg as opposed to just cond dmg like fire 1) until your burn is at around 2 secs left. Once your burn is almost done, switch back to fire and reapply a full burn rotation. This playstyle will maximize dps by not wasting your burns... no use on finishing a boss fight with 5 mins of burns still left on a boss... since that dmg hasn't happened yet...)

Let me know what you think.

So about the jewelry.... rings and earrings are for PVE/WvW only. I have a feeling that the end game runes will be similar to the sPVP ones, which is why I kept them in there. I know they don't have PVE specific ones, but I work with what I got. Shouldn't be too different.

I found a flaw in the plan, according to that build editor, Burn stacks by duration and not by intensity. There goes my entire idea of burn build.

LOL I just realized that too, I switched up some things because of it. Will also be in earth for majority now too.

So about the jewelry.... rings and earrings are for PVE/WvW only. I have a feeling that the end game runes will be similar to the sPVP ones, which is why I kept them in there. I know they don't have PVE specific ones, but I work with what I got. Shouldn't be too different.

From what I understand, the sPvP jewelry is made to take the place of all of the jewelry stuff combined. Though I have been wrong before...

Just a quick update. Spent a while today playing and I have to say that the bleed from earth can be a major damage source. I was using the fire signet to put a 12 second burn on them and then just dropping bleeds while evading and knocking down. It's not a bad setup.

While my attempt at a burn build... was sad to say the least. No burst or sustained dps to speak of. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Top Bottom