What's new

Wildstar Runecrafting Explanation and Upcoming Changes

Passage

Polychromatic
I've copy/pasted the opening line(s) from each part. Full details at the link below.

http://wildstarreport.com/2014/08/14/dev-tracker-j-tal-posts-a-rune-changes-series-to-the-forums/

SUMMARY

Part 1:
Bk3OtKd.png

Part 2:
Continuing with the addition of new Stat/Element combinations, we have also identified some gaps in the availability of certain elements and stats across all Rune Sets. We feel that Rune Sets should be available on most elements and have better stat availability than they currently do.

Here are the new additions to the currently available Rune Sets:

Basic Rune Sets:

Protect Your Neck
Fire – Strikethrough
Water – Deflect

Preservation
Air – Shield Capacity
Logic – Deflect Critical

etc...

Part 3:
Another new feature we are adding to help expand the Rune system to more players is the introduction of Weakened Runes.

Part 4:
One of the biggest issues we’ve had with the Rune system is the amount of randomization on both Rune Slot Count and Rune Elements. In order to address the Rune Slot Count randomization issue, we are moving to a more locked slot count system where there is little to no variance in the number of Rune Slots an item can roll. The new system will set a default value for all items of the same quality. We can still override this to make certain items more appealing (such as dungeon drops) but the vast majority of items will be converted to this new system.

Part 5:
We’re adding a new feature to the Rune system that allows you to re-roll Rune elements should you get a combination of runes that cannot be overcome by the other changes we are making to stat and rune set availability and rune slot counts.

Part 6:
The final new piece to the Rune system puzzle is another new feature – adding Rune slots to an item.

So i am looking at the chart. Under each element, are the highlighted stats the one it affects or just gives that one stat a higher chance over the other stats?

So i am looking at the chart. Under each element, are the highlighted stats the one it affects or just gives that one stat a higher chance over the other stats?

If I understand it, the ones that are highlighted are going to be the new "weakened" runes, these are runes that are being added and were previously not available. They are also doing the same for most of the class rune sets in these categories.

My understanding is the weakened runes are intended for leveling gear since they are cheap and readily abailable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom