What's new

Search Restrictions

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
I'm sure this isn't a bug. However, when trying to search for posts using the search box I can't use 3 or 4 letter search strings. For example, I was looking for posts for tf2 and rift but I am unable because I need to use a long string.

Is there anyway we can get the search box to allow for 3 or more letters?

I'm sure this isn't a bug. However, when trying to search for posts using the search box I can't use 3 or 4 letter search strings. For example, I was looking for posts for tf2 and rift but I am unable because I need to use a long string.

Is there anyway we can get the search box to allow for 3 or more letters?

This is actually a no go. I understand what you want to use it for but if we allowed 3 string searches our site would be down in a matter of minutes. This is a popular form of abuse used by bots to crash sites. I'm sorry :( Its the norm for almost every forum out there too because of the ability to take advantage of it.

You can always do things like "tf2 play" ya know?

This is actually a no go. I understand what you want to use it for but if we allowed 3 string searches our site would be down in a matter of minutes. This is a popular form of abuse used by bots to crash sites. I'm sorry :( Its the norm for almost every forum out there too because of the ability to take advantage of it.

You can always do things like "tf2 play" ya know?

Figured there was a reason why it was that way. No problem, I'll figure a way around it. Thanks.

Top Bottom