What's new

Short rant about clothing shops

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
"Is this everything you have for men?" <- that's a question a lot of guys ask when they're in clothing shops.

70% of the shop dedicated for women 20% for children and 10% for men. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK!
Not to mention that the shops almost never have something my size (small), I usually see L and XL...
It's quite hard to find something that I find good looking, doesn't cost too much and fits me (and ofcourse is warm as winter has come).
I only can find thin shirts and hardly any sweaters that look good, summer stuff during winter and winter stuff during summer...

I have no fashion sense at all, so I don't run into this personally. When I get dressed in the morning, I keep the lights off so I don't disturb my wife (and new baby), so sometimes I have no idea what color shirt I have on until I get to work. Since most of my shirts are pretty boring, this usually isn't an issue, but it can be awkward to rock a hawaiian print flower shirt in the middle of winter.

"Is this everything you have for men?" <- that's a question a lot of guys ask when they're in clothing shops.

70% of the shop dedicated for women 20% for children and 10% for men. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK!
Not to mention that the shops almost never have something my size (small), I usually see L and XL...
It's quite hard to find something that I find good looking, doesn't cost too much and fits me (and ofcourse is warm as winter has come).
I only can find thin shirts and hardly any sweaters that look good, summer stuff during winter and winter stuff during summer...

Where do you shop? Stores like Kenneth Cole and Top Shop have a HUGE men's selection. And if you want to go cheaper and still in fashion, check out BKE.

If you are going to a mall like Macy's you will always run into a problem with availability of clothes. But if you go to the store itself or online they have tons of shit. But yes most clothing stores have a larger women's section mostly due to the comment above lol :)

Best thing is that the government invested a lot of money to build a fashion dedicated area in my neighbourhood (still not a lot of nice stuff).

PS: I'm trying to get a job there.

The summer stuff in winter and winter stuff in summer thing, I've found out that they try to get people to buy early or some such. Even places like walmart, if you try to buy a swimsuit by the time it gets warm enough to wear one, you are SOL, you should've though about that in January, because that's when they starting stocking them. Same for if you want to get a new pair of winter boots when it starts snowing, woops, should've though about that in August because they're sold out now! I have no idea why they do it that way, but it's the way it is apparently.

The summer stuff in winter and winter stuff in summer thing, I've found out that they try to get people to buy early or some such. Even places like walmart, if you try to buy a swimsuit by the time it gets warm enough to wear one, you are SOL, you should've though about that in January, because that's when they starting stocking them. Same for if you want to get a new pair of winter boots when it starts snowing, woops, should've though about that in August because they're sold out now! I have no idea why they do it that way, but it's the way it is apparently.
I actually go for that stuff at the end of each season when they are trying to clear it out. Buying winter coats in March can save lots of monies.

Top Bottom