What's new

Site Problems...Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigga

So a couple days ago I noticed that the attabme.com site was taking longer and longer to load when trying to get to it from my home PC, but when I visit it from my work PC it's fine. My first thought was my internet connection, but every other site I visit loads normally. My next thought was maybe a problem with the cookies so I went to my settings and deleted all my cookies. Still have the same problem. I mean it's not minutes before it loads, but it is a very noticeable difference from weeks past. Also it's not only when I just click the link to get to the home page it's any link I click to get to forums or profile or anything. I'm using GoogleChrome and have been for a long time. Thought that might have become the problem so I tried to load the site with FireFox, but still encountered the same sluggish response.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or has a solution to my problem.

Thanks.

[Mod edit: Moved this thread to the appropriate forum.]

So a couple days ago I noticed that the attabme.com site was taking longer and longer to load when trying to get to it from my home PC, but when I visit it from my work PC it's fine. My first thought was my internet connection, but every other site I visit loads normally. My next thought was maybe a problem with the cookies so I went to my settings and deleted all my cookies. Still have the same problem. I mean it's not minutes before it loads, but it is a very noticeable difference from weeks past. Also it's not only when I just click the link to get to the home page it's any link I click to get to forums or profile or anything. I'm using GoogleChrome and have been for a long time. Thought that might have become the problem so I tried to load the site with FireFox, but still encountered the same sluggish response.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or has a solution to my problem.

Thanks.

[Mod edit: Moved this thread to the appropriate forum.]

Nothing on our end would be causing this that I can think of... Can you ping the site from your home computer and work computer. Take a screen shot?

Can you also try logging into the site from a different computer at home? Maybe even a phone connected to wifi.

Try using a different browser like firefox or IE just to see if it loads quicker.

I also use google chrome.. trying disabling addons and extensions...

Not sure what it is you are experiencing, but with those steps we can narrow it down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

here is a SS of my ping to both alttabme.com and google.com for comparison. I loaded the site from my galaxy s4 just fine and I don't really have any extensions.

Tried with firefox and have the same issue.

Just let me know what other info you need. It's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Ok so since you are connecting fine via your phone on the same connection but not your computer the issue has to be with your computer or perhaps router. As for what that issue is. I really have no clue.

See our speeds are actually similar. I feel like your computer is slowin you down.

O6IirB5.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1377968445,1377967569][/DOUBLEPOST]This has been resolved we had to ipconfig /flushdns

Closing topic.

Last update: turns out it was also a corrupted install of flash. Even though the site doesn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom