What's new

Skyrim Mods

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
Alrighty, calling all PC modders who know what they are doing!!!!!!

Now that I have your attention, time to get down to business.....HELP! *clears throat* So, I wanted to jump back into the awesome game of Skyrim recently. A knack has been nagging me constantly about playing it. It is time for me to scratch that itch.

I hear that you can make this game more immerse and beautiful with a few mods. Hopefully I can describe what I want and you can point me in the right direction for mods and help me install them.

First, the list of things I want.

-better spells
-spells that give better lighting (i.e. a fireball that burns like a campfire)
-spells that actually do what they are supposed to. Fire burns down whereas ice puts out fire.
-I saw in a video of a mod that gives ice its own form. such as making a wall of ice to block enemies or a bridge of ice.
-Better looking character models.
-nicer water.
-better scenery
-you get the idea

Plus I am open to suggestions on the different kind of mods to install.

Secondly, installing the mods.

I know that I use steam to "subscribe" to a mod to add it to the list in-game that I want to use. (I already have a few mods, sometimes to many crashed the game) but what do I do to make the mods work? Do I just leave the check mark next to the mod and blam-o it is in-game?

My friend makes mods for elder scrolls games, if you find a blood/shadow magic mod, its definitely his.

hmm I'll have to look for those.

So some things I found out.

I can get a good deal of mods directly from steams workshop and this is the preferred method to getting mods...well the easiest. For some of the "better" mods you need to go through a roundabout way to get them installed....basically manually.

This post here has some of the best mods and gives the roundabout way of installing said mods that aren't on the Steam workshop.
http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1ikhrs/the_list_of_the_best_must_have_mods_for_skyrim/

Haha I been considering using some of the visual mods and getting back into it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Only true mod:

I can give you some pointers once I´m home. I think I had quite a selection of mods (100+)

I haven't released mine, but tell him to use Mod Organizer, and get mods from nexusmods.com/skyrim

From my buddy, he does have a bunch of mods for oblivion out though!

I agree. If you are willing to pay 2,50$ you will have super fast downloads and it´s pretty easy to install.

Was having trouble with the NMM. Installed it and gave me an error. I',m pretty sure I just need to restart my computer (told me to and I didn't :p) So I will check tonight and see how it goes.

<-not paying :)

Lol. I wanted to make a video on how to install them, and I don´t even have Skyrim installed right now.

All of this makes me scared to try Skyrim myself lol

There are mods for you too:
a_new_normal_map_for_males_in_skyrim_by_albron111-d7x0hsv.jpg

Lol that's a good one Euchale. I have the "Better males" mod but my game kept crashing with it plugged in. So now I only have "Better females"

Yeah I know I want a general pack of graphics mods like ENB or whatever and more armors not such. After that maybe a UI enhancement. I just haven't prioritized it since I don't want to be messing with it constantly if the group of mods doesn't work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So the restart helped. Things are running smoothly. I have a LOT of magic mods added now. I think I am going to be happy with the new magic for a while. I need a few more texture mods. Still a little blocky looking. I haven't uploaded Skyrim HD 2k mod yet because I am a little worried it might destroy my machine haha

So the restart helped. Things are running smoothly. I have a LOT of magic mods added now. I think I am going to be happy with the new magic for a while. I need a few more texture mods. Still a little blocky looking. I haven't uploaded Skyrim HD 2k mod yet because I am a little worried it might destroy my machine haha

Your best bet is to try a lighting mod first. This already improves the look of the game by 200%*

I recommend this website: http://skyrimgems.com/

*satisfaction not guaranteed

Top Bottom