What's new

So... my computer is dead..

Crake

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk
I was attempting to do some rearranging in my case to see if I could cram a capture card in, and it seems to have died. I basically popped out the video card and rearranged some wires and that was it. Upon plugging the rig back in I get a post code beep that consists of 2 short beeps then a continuous one. I have an asrock z87 extreme 4 mobo and I can't figure out exactly what the beeps mean, but I'm assuming its a power issue since the computer won't even attempt to start up. Any ideas?

Honestly if this thing is fried I might be on the market for a new rig... I seem to be having more and more issues with this thing.

Fix it fix it fix it. Try reseating everything. Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.

I've reseated everything.. even tried booting to bios with nothing plugged in and its still fucked.. Guessing it's either my PSU or MOBO at this point, though I have no idea how I could have borked them. THE PSU is much older so I might just try to replace that and see what happens.. kind of wanted a new PSU anyway. Unfortunately I think its more likely that I somehow fried the MOBO. /sigh

This says... 2 short 1 long repeats 5 times is...,unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed. You have hardwood but you did make sure to anti-static yourself before you touched things inside right?

This says... 2 short 1 long repeats 5 times is...,unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed. You have hardwood but you did make sure to anti-static yourself before you touched things inside right?

yessir.. and I tried booting with onboard video to no avail so thats not it

I'd take your video card to Ryan's, double check his computer boots with it for science, then after that write off your mobo.

Im starting to think it may be the PSU.. been meaning to replace that anyway so I think I'm just gonna replace it.

Sooo I drained all the power and popped out the battery on the mobo and that did the trick. I'm still not sure what happened, I'm a bit concerned the PSU might be acting up so I'm gonna go ahead and still order a new one. Just glad everything is working.

On the bright side I decided to also order a capture card so I'll be able to stream my console soon as well! Be ready for a couch stream of SSB.

Like I said, it's fixed. I think the PSU is finicky though so I'm replacing it

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Top Bottom