What's new

GW2 Some quick tips on making gold and getting ingredients towards a legendary for the month of April

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
Here are some tips for making gold and getting ingredients for legendaries which involve the Super Adventure Box:

1. You can get 7 Bauble Bubbles (BB's) per character every day from boss chests. If you have 5 characters that's a maximum of 35 BB's a day and a maximum 1050 for the entire month.

2. The fourth zone is quite hard in contrast to the other zones and theresn't a chest that drops a rare skin. It's time consuming and you hardly get anything, it's no use to do it imho.
Because I'm not doing the last zone I'll lose 150 BB's but will still have 900. Which is quite a nice number in my opinion :p

3. There's a 2% chance that you'll get a rare Super Skin from a boss chest. I suggest you sell it ASAP as the prices are dropping.
At the end of the month the prices will be really low, that's the moment when you should buy as much skins as you can. I suggest you buy mostly greatsword skins (they're the ones most people want). And if you wait long enough the prices will be higher again. You'll be able to make a lot of gold with this.

4. Buy Obsidian Shards, Philosopher's Stones or Crystals with the BB's you get. This will make your way to get a legendary easier (NO KARMA FARMING! :D).

Example: Mystic Clovers need about 231 Obsidian Shards (there's a 1/3 chance you'll get a clover from the mystic forge and you'll need 77. 77*3= 231) and you'll need another 250 for the Gift of Mastery. That's 481 BB's.
Then there's the 1386 Philosopher's Stones or 231 Crystals. You'll need 231 BB's for them (you can choose which one).

Thats 712 BB's in total. If you look at how long it would take to farm 1 million karma and 139 skill points, you probably would go for the SAB wouldn't you? Atleast I know I would :p

Tips for the Trading Post:

1. Use your crafting skills in conjunction with http://www.guildwarstrade.com/recipes

The cost is the price you'll pay if you buying instantly (not buy orders), the sale price is the lowest price for the item you craft and the profit (my favorite) is the money you'll make (includes 15% tax!).
It also tells you if it's better to craft or buy the ingredients.

2. You like to flip items? Here, have this: http://gw2tp.net/
That site provides you with data for flipping items. It's useful but I haven't made as much profit with this site as I did with as the last one.
Also I'm not really good at flipping items so you'll have to figure that out yourself.

These are the things I've figured out in the last 5 days. If you have questions or have suggestions just post below.

EDIT:
Here's a 3rd tip for the TP:

3. Use http://www.gw2spidy.com/ to check the prices of the rare Super Skins, if rising then buy skins. If still dropping then wait. They'll probably won't rise until the end of the month (I could be wrong though).

Just run the first section or two of zone 2 in world 1. Theres about 6 places to dig that nets you 200 baubles in like 10mins. Once you have gotten your bubbles from dailies too i guess.

3. There's a 2% chance that you'll get a rare Super Skin from a boss chest. I suggest you sell it ASAP as the prices are dropping.

4. Buy Obsidian Shards, Philosopher's Stones or Crystals with the BB's you get. This will make your way to get a legendary easier (NO KARMA FARMING! :D).

Example: Mystic Clovers need about 231 Obsidian Shards (there's a 1/3 chance you'll get a clover from the mystic forge and you'll need 77. 77*3= 231) and you'll need another 250 for the Gift of Mastery. That's 481 BB's.
Then there's the 1386 Philosopher's Stones or 231 Crystals. You'll need 231 BB's for them (you can choose which one).

Thats 712 BB's in total. If you look at how long it would take to farm 1 million karma and 139 skill points, you probably would go for the SAB wouldn't you? Atleast I know I would :p

Sell it ASAP? Would it not be better to speculate and hoard ALL the skins until after the event is over?
I haven't been following the prices much but if the rarity of them is somewhere in between the Christmas skins (everyone has one) and Halloween skins (piles of gold) it might be better to wait until the event is over.
Then again, I feel like it's more likely these will be more common than rare by the end of the month. Plus, Super Adventure Box is likely to make a return...so you may be right.

Also, I'm not so sure about buying Obsidian Shards and other things with the BBs. As I'm sure Dire, myself, and others who have gotten legendaries will say, the karma and skill points honestly just happen on their own. There is no need to farm for them or worry about ways to get around them. Getting a legendary takes a long time and I think that most people would agree the ridiculous amounts of just raw gold required is the "hardest" part, or biggest obstacle to one. Personally I was done with all of the non-gold requirements months before I got my disco mace, and karma is even easier to get now than when I started. Unless you make all of your gold off of the TP, chances are while farming for "karma" or "skill points" you're really getting gold from it, too. Examples: Dungeons and Cursed Shore event farming, maybe even world bosses. So if there is a medium to fairly large profit to be gotten from selling the skins, would it not be better to buy those instead and sell them instead of spending half your bauble bubbles on shards and stones?

Hell, even after getting my legendary I had enough karma to spend another million karma opening jewelry boxes. And after getting my legendary (thats 200 for the bloodstone shard, and something like ~150? it's around there) for the mystic clovers, I'm sitting on like 140 skill points.

Still it's up to you. Just pointing out an opportunity cost. I don't actually know how much the skins are going for...so maybe it IS worth it to buy the shards/skill point stuff.

I disagree with buy at the end of the month. Buy in the middle. The end they will spike hard with fear of the going away.

rest looks solid.

Sell it ASAP? Would it not be better to speculate and hoard ALL the skins until after the event is over?

So if there is a medium to fairly large profit to be gotten from selling the skins, would it not be better to buy those instead and sell them instead of spending half your bauble bubbles on shards and stones?

The prices are still dropping so if you sell one now for let's say 7 gold and then buy it for a lower price again you'll be making a profit, if the profit is high enough you might even get two skins back by selling one now. Though who knows how low the prices will get. I sold my rare shield skin for 25G and the price for one of them now is 8G. I could get 3 of them now and sell them again when the prices rise.

As for the skins you buy with BB's, you can't sell them in the TP. The only useful things you can get with the BB's are the shards and stones. And if you do what I'm doing then you'll even have some left over BB's which you can use for the skins you want to use.

So if you want to use a skin then I suggest you buy it with the BB's, if you get a rare skin then I suggest you sell it.

(The BB skins are masterwork versions, the ones you get from the boss chests are the rare ones and you can only sell those.)

What I would do is start buying the skins in the middle of the month and every time the price goes down buy more. Its a principle called dollar cost averaging.
I.E. you buy one each day this week and the price keeps going down
  • Monday - 25g
  • Tuesday - 22g
  • Wednesday -20g
  • Thursday - 16g
  • Friday - 12g
If you bought one each day then the 5 would average out to be 19g each.

Hold on to those till a few months after they are gone and then sell them for a hefty profit.

Ahhh. Thanks for clarifying that. I was really confused.
As for when to buy/sell, I'll leave that to our TP pros.

I'd just look at a graph on GW2Spidy and wait 'till it changes course. But at the middle of the month seems like a good idea given why.

Top Bottom