What's new

Summary of Nick Konkle interview by ESO Alliance. Answers many questions.

Zakis

War Priestess
Pulled this off of the ESO Reddit

While the interview is 6 weeks old, it answers a lot of questions that are asked all the time today and I haven't seen a summary or transcript on this sub yet, so reposting it from other forums.
I personally couldn't watch the original video, because it was very long and I find videos like that hard to watch in general. The summary below however is concise, fun to read, has been confirmed by many viewers to be quite accurate and some of it was new to me. In any case - thanks to the ESO alliance team for their work and Nick Konkle for his time!
Original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80mHQNA45js
  • Ultimates do not cost resources
  • They have considered an Unarmed Tree
  • Expect skill lines not only in expansions, but updates
  • There is a new UI with informative stats
  • Crafting has been redone to fit with the progression system, there is a crafting skill line, etc.
  • In the undaunted skill line, every ability has a synergy
  • You can break armor and items down for materials (ZOS in chat)
  • Night/Day Cycles, weather system
  • Adventure Zones will be at launch
  • Houses obviously are not going to be at launch
  • Trapped nick into asking if he thought he as a raider is happy with adventure zones.
  • He talks about the beta invite process, and the problems that a beta contains, where people complain in beta because of technical problems. He wonders why people that are in beta keep thinking they are in a launch game, and there are bugs.
  • The maps are ginormous. The map of cyrodiil, it is just as large in ESO as it is in oblivion. The game size of ESO is bigger than Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind combined (obviously)
  • One morph per skill, it has always been one morph
  • Talking about the endgame of ESO: There is not only PvP. There is a progression of endgame for every playstyle.
  • Tons of dungeons for every level tier
  • Dungeons that you complete, if you come back, they will be different as though you cleared them and other things took residence in veteran mode.
  • Two handed weapons will cause more damage than one handed weapons, I don't know who asked that question
  • A bunch of recycled, silly questions like the above
  • Nick having patience like a pro
  • Sneaking up front has a much higher chance of being detected from mechanics. If you approach someone from the backside, mechanics will shield you better.
  • You can hide your helmet
  • NO SPEARS, STOP ASKING
  • Three types of destruction staves
  • All craftable end game items are tradeable
  • There will be larger shields than dinner plates
  • A crafter created costume system is implied
  • The game starts off Linear, and becomes more Sandboxy after the first few levels
  • There is no mentoring system

Top Bottom