What's new

New Feature TAGS

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
I have added a requirement of at least ONE TAG per new post. This will help us to aggregate to google better and later on when I figure out how to implement it, search our own posts better. So get to tagging!

The art of effective tagging consists in selecting a comprehensive enough set of keywords that organically describes the specific content while offering enough relevant hooks for this to be picked up by user searches.

• Content Type

Is this a review, an aticle, a white paper, a scientific report. Images, maps, catalogs, biographies, interviews, movie_reviews, news, forums, demos, downloads, specifications and product manuals are all examples of possible document types that can be used as tags. These are all excellent labels because it is hard to restrict a search to a specific document type strictly by using search terms.
      Defining the typology of document with a relevant tag is a good first step in providing a useful label for increasing the findability of this content.

• Subject

What is the information in your content about? Is it about an online marketing strategy or about a new interface design study? The main key reference topic should always be clearly identified within the tags.

• Source

Where is this information coming from? Is this material coming from corporations, universities, government, nonprofits? Providing insight into the source of the information published can be a valuable characterizer in many situations.

• Author

Who has authored this content? Whether you or someone else, the author(s) of any published content can be a very useful defining tag for making the content more accessible.

• Audience

Any term you can use to complete the following sentence: 'This page is written for ____'. Labels such as 'for_students', 'for_patients', 'for_kids', 'for_lawyers', etc. are very useful as the intended audience is hard to pick up with search query terms.

• Related Products / Services

Complementary or related product and services which may be very relevant to the main subject of your content. These can be brand or product names that hold a special relationship with your content subject, are mentioned or referenced inside your content one or multiple times.

Can you give us a brief list of good and bad tags?
Like:
Good Tags: Wildstar, Battlefield 4, iPhone
Bad Tags: Wild*, BF4, Applesmartphone,

Can you give us a brief list of good and bad tags?
Like:
Good Tags: Wildstar, Battlefield 4, iPhone
Bad Tags: Wild*, BF4, Applesmartphone,

You pretty much nailed it but BF4 would be a good one.

Try to use complete words. You can even use spaces. Abbreviations for items are good too. Whatever describes it is a good tag.

The art of effective tagging consists in selecting a comprehensive enough set of keywords that organically describes the specific content while offering enough relevant hooks for this to be picked up by user searches.

• Content Type

Is this a review, an aticle, a white paper, a scientific report. Images, maps, catalogs, biographies, interviews, movie_reviews, news, forums, demos, downloads, specifications and product manuals are all examples of possible document types that can be used as tags. These are all excellent labels because it is hard to restrict a search to a specific document type strictly by using search terms.
      Defining the typology of document with a relevant tag is a good first step in providing a useful label for increasing the findability of this content.

• Subject

What is the information in your content about? Is it about an online marketing strategy or about a new interface design study? The main key reference topic should always be clearly identified within the tags.

• Source

Where is this information coming from? Is this material coming from corporations, universities, government, nonprofits? Providing insight into the source of the information published can be a valuable characterizer in many situations.

• Author

Who has authored this content? Whether you or someone else, the author(s) of any published content can be a very useful defining tag for making the content more accessible.

• Audience

Any term you can use to complete the following sentence: 'This page is written for ____'. Labels such as 'for_students', 'for_patients', 'for_kids', 'for_lawyers', etc. are very useful as the intended audience is hard to pick up with search query terms.

• Related Products / Services

Complementary or related product and services which may be very relevant to the main subject of your content. These can be brand or product names that hold a special relationship with your content subject, are mentioned or referenced inside your content one or multiple times.

Link: http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/16/tags_and_tagging_how_do.htm#ixzz2g0opAC95[DOUBLEPOST=1380208629,1380208589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bah, I never tag my crap. /dislike

You want people in you raids? Learn to Tag :)

I know, we are just attracting low quality bots that can't even link properly. Just sad. I think we deserve higher quality spam.

You can´t even imagine how bad spam is, when it is translated through google translator into german. No english spam-e-Mail I´ve got so far comes close to this.

I know, we are just attracting low quality bots that can't even link properly. Just sad. I think we deserve higher quality spam.

You should be happy that I have been able to defend against more than 1 bit every 2 months or so. It was a feat of epic proportions lemme tell ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom