What's new

Wildstar Tank ranks

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Just came up with this, wanted to post is somewhere:
1/10 Random
2/10 Slightly better than random
3/10 Almost not terrible (My current rank)
4/10 Beats a blind person
5/10 Inviteable if nobody else is around
6/10 Passable
7/10 Turtle
8/10 Bulwark
9/10 Tiger Panzer
10/10 Walking Fort Knoxx

I'm guessing I'd be around a 6.5? The healers could probably give you better analysis.

Ratings would probably change by healer as well, since I don't shield heal my perspective is different from medics, for example.

From an esper healer perspective here is my take:

Stalkers: 9 when tanking a group, 7 when tanking one mob

Engineers: 8 all around

Warriors: 7 just because in their current state they are spikier than the other two. I would also bump them up to 7.5 when they spec into 4 interrupts because that is just sexy sauce

Obviously there are balance changes on the way that would change my perception in the future, so this is just my take on current state

Ratings would probably change by healer as well, since I don't shield heal my perspective is different from medics, for example.

From an esper healer perspective here is my take:

Stalkers: 9 when tanking a group, 7 when tanking one mob

Engineers: 8 all around

Warriors: 7 just because in their current state they are spikier than the other two. I would also bump them up to 7.5 when they spec into 4 interrupts because that is just sexy sauce

Obviously there are balance changes on the way that would change my perception in the future, so this is just my take on current state

i mostly agree but i find engineers to be all around stronger than stalkers so i would switch them.

engineers: 9
stalker: 8
warrior: 7.5

i have seen engineer tanks that i barley had to heal in vet malgrave. i could have just ignored him until Ushawoba

In beta, Joof was an 11/10: demigod. They've nerfed engies a lot since then though lol. We did duo stormtalon at 20 though, cause the healer and other dps died during the first knock back phase.

I don't think it's your fault Gyoin. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that warriors have to spec some into assault in order to maintain threat. This inherently means you will take more damage than the other two by nature of the build.

I don't think it's your fault Gyoin. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that warriors have to spec some into assault in order to maintain threat. This inherently means you will take more damage than the other two by nature of the build.

I do not do this at all, hence why I need those few seconds of solo boss threat gen. I'll have to post my build as this seems to be the current understanding for most warriors. I usually just have to be incredibly careful with my taunt, as well as use my innate properly for added threat over damage mitigation.

It's taken a while, but Typhor and TedMosby both understand this and have been good at keeping their eyes on the threat meters the first 30 seconds or so, or putting in an early wipe. Warriors threat generation isn't linear, but closer to a slight exponential gain, so typically after 30 seconds they don't have issues dps'ing as hard as possible with fear of pulling threat, as long as I stay on the boss well (hence why movement fights can be tricky, as my only ranged is polarity field, which stays on the target as a aoe dot). If polarity field gets deflected early, THAT is when I have TERRIBLE threat generation for the first 20 seconds.

This is my rough build for trash during pretty much all silvers so far. Interrupt heavy with double polarity. If boss is heavy interrupts, I tend to transfer my polarity field ability points to Defense Grid.
http://ws-base.com/builds/generator....952.953.954.56.158.55.71.66.16.17.18.126.127

For bosses, I tend to run closer to this ability point wise if movement isn't a huge issue and still needs interrupts.
http://ws-base.com/builds/generator....953.954.56.158.55.71.66.16.17.18.126.127.109

And for bosses that need NO interrupts (IE, Thunderfoot in skullcano)
http://ws-base.com/builds/generator....953.954.56.158.55.71.66.16.17.18.126.127.109

And bosses that call for some added movement speed or telegraph avoidance (IE, Stormtalon)

I'm curious to know if carbine plans on changing how strikethrough works. I remember in FFXIV parties would not take you into coil without the accuracy cap because of chance to miss on important boss mechanics. A black Mage missing a spell in their rotation was not ok, lol.

I know we have passive ways to boost strikethrough with certain class abilities, but the deflect thing just made me wonder. I haven't really looked into it that much but when my backup interrupt gets deflected it is bad news bears...

I'm curious to know if carbine plans on changing how strikethrough works. I remember in FFXIV parties would not take you into coil without the accuracy cap because of chance to miss on important boss mechanics. A black Mage missing a spell in their rotation was not ok, lol.

I know we have passive ways to boost strikethrough with certain class abilities, but the deflect thing just made me wonder. I haven't really looked into it that much but when my backup interrupt gets deflected it is bad news bears...

Even with my not capped strike, I have never seen my interrupts deflected. I know I personally have missed them, but never deflected. Not sure if that's just a warrior thing or not.

Polarity field sucks to miss on first hit. It's not unrecoverable though. II have since stopped working on my strike and stopped runing for it in favor of armor and health (and still at roughly 5.5%). I mean, for me, it's not terribly to not have capped strike in dungeons. It might be worse in raids. DPS rotations will probably suck if not capped.

Im running 5.8% strikethrough as a base and i miss fairly frequently with some of my opening salvos (probably cause so many small potshots with slinger) but my weapon attachment gives a stacking buff of 83 strikethrough rating per successful hit that stavks up to 3 times i believe, so once i get going i dont often miss. Not sure how much it boosts me up, probably about a percent.

It will be interesting to see how we put together our raid composition to get to the 12% strikethrough (or whatever it is for raid bosses). I know there is an esper spell that dps espers will probably need to run.

I just know that raids are going to push us to the limit and we can't be missing things when we get to this point.

It will be interesting to see how we put together our raid composition to get to the 12% strikethrough (or whatever it is for raid bosses). I know there is an esper spell that dps espers will probably need to run.

I just know that raids are going to push us to the limit and we can't be missing things when we get to this point.

I believe (and someone can correct me), it is an esper spell and a warrior aura from an amp that adds some crazy amount of strike combined.

Even with my not capped strike, I have never seen my interrupts deflected. I know I personally have missed them, but never deflected. Not sure if that's just a warrior thing or not.
Same for me, and I only have 6% strikethrough. I need it to build volatility (I only get volatility if HP is hurt, so maybe it´s the same with interrupts)

Top Bottom