What's new

That was quicker than expected.

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
So, as some of you know by one of my latest rants, I was put into a position at work that no one wants to be in. Notifying that one would soon be unemployed. Over the past couple months I have been searching, and right after PAX I was officially let go from my employer...

NOW I CAN TELL THEM TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES BECAUSE I FOUND A NEW JOB! Better hours, even closer than before, better work, and HELLA BETTER PAY. I seriously just took a 70% raise. AND, not only that, it's with a GREAT company that will look STELLAR on my resume!

So yeah, go fuck yourselves lobster people! I'm gonna fucking make it.

I put a 2 thumbs up rating on that but changed it to have a beer since that would make you happier. So happy for you man. I have always had luck like that. Shit hits the fan and while I am stressing and scrambling something better falls in my lap.

Same thing just happened to Therese about a year and a half ago. She is a paralegal and her small firm had to downsize her to half hours. She went looking and found a firm that is recession proof. They defend the jails and police in lawsuits from the inmates. Plus she got a raise and better benefits.

Good thing you all have me around for my good luck to rub off on you. Even though you did less of me rubbing off on you at foxwoods than I know you wanted :shock:

So, as some of you know by one of my latest rants, I was put into a position at work that no one wants to be in. Notifying that one would soon be unemployed. Over the past couple months I have been searching, and right after PAX I was officially let go from my employer...

NOW I CAN TELL THEM TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES BECAUSE I FOUND A NEW JOB! Better hours, even closer than before, better work, and HELLA BETTER PAY. I seriously just took a 70% raise. AND, not only that, it's with a GREAT company that will look STELLAR on my resume!

Gyoin love you, happy for you, remember this old proverb:

"Watch them float down the river as you stand safely on the shore"
"You are allowed to toss an arrow or two when they are almost over the waterfall though"

Good advice :)

Bridges are meant to be crossed not burnt, regardless.

Just loving you beard man just love.

Gyoin that is FANTASTIC!!! Karma prevails!!! Good GYOINS win!!! When do you start? I hope you have a long-lasting, and very satisfying career with your new employer. They are lucky to have hired such an awesome beard!!!

im happy for you Gyoin.
on a side note in reply to the thread title, thats what she said.
sorry had to be done :)

Haha, it's actually a contract position with Liberty Mutual (Procurement Assistant). It's a 6-9 month stint, but the purpose of the job is for me to make my mark and impress the higher ups while contracted. Liberty Mutual is very, and I mean VERY good on my resume, but not only they they absolutely LOVE to hire/promote from within. If all goes as originally planned, I make some sweet cash and get a huge resume boost. If everything goes better than planned, I'll land another job within their establishment at the end of my contract stint.

Haha, it's actually a contract position with Liberty Mutual (Procurement Assistant). It's a 6-9 month stint, but the purpose of the job is for me to make my mark and impress the higher ups while contracted. Liberty Mutual is very, and I mean VERY good on my resume, but not only they they absolutely LOVE to hire/promote from within. If all goes as originally planned, I make some sweet cash and get a huge resume boost. If everything goes better than planned, I'll land another job within their establishment at the end of my contract stint.

Awesome Bruce. Glad you found a job finally. Does this mean I can buy home insurance from you when I find a house?

It's good that you found a job before too long, especially since being unemployed for a length of time can sometimes look bad.

Bridges are meant to be crossed not burnt, regardless.

They're meant to be rebuilt into a better bridge.

It's good that you found a job before too long, especially since being unemployed for a length of time can sometimes look bad.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of most. I also never really got around to filing out the unemployment papers... Luckily I don't have to now!

Nice! I'm happy for you Gyoin! Joblessness is a cruel fate, and one no one should have to endure for too long. You'll do great at your new job, and the higher ups will be sure to notice your great work ethic and fun attitude!

Did you really just say "hella"? o_o; You sure you aren't from the Bay Area?

Top Bottom