What's new

The Amazing Race

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
This is one of those shows that, even though it's categorized as a reality/game show, I absolutely love the pants off this series. Caroline and I have already watched all of these series over the years, but we're restarting from season 1 again and just finished the second season last night (there's over 20 seasons now, 22 of them on hulu).

Has anyone else followed this show? Anyone have a man-crush on Phil? Has anyone else really really really wanted to apply to be a contestant?

I watched the first few seasons and wanted to go on it for a while. I figured I'd be pretty bad though since I am a picky eater and hate people mostly

I watched the first few seasons and wanted to go on it for a while. I figured I'd be pretty bad though since I am a picky eater and hate people mostly

Yeah, I'm a little picky so "eating challenges" would be rough, but that's why I could do the "scary" challenges that involved animals or heights or a leap of faith (bungee jumping and whatnot) to counteract the "weird" ones that my partner could do.

I'd love to compete, but I don't think Danni or myself could do any of the eating challenges. Because its always weird shit, like 'eat this fried spider'.

NO THANKS.

I'd love to compete, but I don't think Danni or myself could do any of the eating challenges. Because its always weird shit, like 'eat this fried spider'.

NO THANKS.

Well, to be fair, it's certainly a cultural thing. I mean, there are a ton of foods on the show that you and I would cringe at, but then you'll see the native eating it by the handful because that may be the last thing he'll eat for days. I'd be intrigued to how I would handle these culture shock situations.

Im not afraid to try anything once. That said, there's a lot of things I don't like. I do like a lot of different ethnic foods though, so it's hard to say haha.

If I could do the physical stuff (disabled vet) I'd have been on that show.
I'm still in good shape, but cant run at all.
Tossing things in my mouth without thinking is my specialty.
Wandering around the planet with nothing but a visa and a map is something I have been doing anyway.
After driving in China few things bring great fear into me anymore.

I love the idea and watch it whenever I'm back in the US, but am not a devoted fan.
Great show and will have to watch it some more.

After driving in China few things bring great fear into me anymore.
^ This, probably one of the best trainings to overcome all and every fear

Saying that I would have loved to be on this show, I wouldnt mind the eating stuff and would love the active parts and am super used to just wandering lost and finding a place to go (not always the place I planned tho). I just could never come first in any round, they always start waaaay too early for me, screw that mess.

^ This, probably one of the best trainings to overcome all and every fear

Saying that I would have loved to be on this show, I wouldnt mind the eating stuff and would love the active parts and am super used to just wandering lost and finding a place to go (not always the place I planned tho). I just could never come first in any round, they always start waaaay too early for me, screw that mess.
I'll be your partner Panda <3

Yes! We would absolutely destroy the competition! Use that Milly charm to make alliances with everyone, and just start stabbing them in the back one by one. We'll be at the top of the ladder before anyone knows what hit em! /box You just need to be a morning person and good at puzzles, with me run and eat good skills we would be unstoppable hahah (Plus i got them 4 continents in the back pocket, sign us up boss! :D)

Top Bottom