What's new

The Greatsword Sunrise Has been Born!

NeverMore

The Legendary Sunrise
Today, 2nd October 2012 - after 10 days of waiting for patches - I was finally able to craft the legendary weapon Sunrise. In less than one month two players worked together on puzzling together the recipe and gathering all required materials in order to create one of the most epic weapons in the game.

sunrisewat.jpg
* Original sigil was “Superior Sigil of Strength”

This achievement was not gained without sweat and tears. Since day one we set our sights on creating a Legendary and started slowly gathering all the pieces of the puzzle. Funding came from playing the Trading Post, especially volatile trading. No gems were bought with real $$, no exploits were used to farm dungeons, events or gain value, no server switching was used to gather materials. (except to find an unbugged and unlocked temple of Balthazar)

Highlights

25 aug : Pre-release launch
27 aug : Level 80 reached
30 aug : 100% World Completion, Gift of Exploration
30 aug - 3 sept : Time-out
- Gathering gold and clues in preparation of the craft -
6 sept : Mystic Clovers discovered
9 sept : Dawn crafted from the Mystic Forge
- Search for the last two unknown parameters in our Recipe.. -
11 sept : Gift of Magic and Gift of Might discovered. Found the final missing number of 77 clovers required.
Our recipe is now complete - several days before it was discovered publicly.
15 sept : Gaining levels / skill points is too slow. Deleted character and made a new one with the same name. All but Dungeon Tokens and Bloodstone Shard are Account-bound. Levelled back to 80 through crafting and skill challenges is fast.
16 sept : Finally 77 Mystic Clovers created, Gift of Fortune is crafted - No more RNG! :)
- Several days of Karma farming and Dungeon running -
19 sept : Dungeon runs done, Gift of Light and Gift of Sunrise crafted
22 sept : Finished farming ALL the materials, including Karma. Temple of Balthazar event is bugged!
- Lots of waiting -
25 sept: Temple of Balthazar is unbugged. Got all my Obsidian Shards. Stacking them is bugged.
- Even more waiting -
2 oct: Dawn + Gift of Sunrise + Gift of Mastery + Gift of Fortune is combined to create Sunrise.

In the process we’ve created tools to keep track and visualize the puzzle:

The recipe itself is amazing, taking pieces from all over the world. I’d estimate the total cost including RNG over 400-500g, 1 mil karma and 400 skill points. If you are working toward your own, remember there is only a low chance a Mystic Clover will be crafted from the Mystic Forge. Other results can be 10-50 Tier 6 materials, Orichalcum Ingots, Mystic Coins, Obsidian Shards, Lodestones, Hidden Treasures, Crystals and Philosopher Stones! Some of the other materials are very tricky to obtain, such as the Lodestones, the Legendary Base weapon and all those Mystic Coins.

Pictures

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Congrats! That sword looks like its literally cutting through dimensions every time its swung.

Since both Sunrise and Twilight had both been made ingame, now its a race to see who can combine those two to make Eternity.

omg that's awesome, now make me a spreadsheet for Twilight, my Charr wants!!

Top Bottom