What's new

GW2 The Guild In the World...

Ludakrit

Hey everyone,

While thinking about ideas for guild videos/machinima etc... I was wondering what is our "in world" guild identity?
I think it might be cool to have like a intellectual jam session of possibilities, and perhaps ultimately pick a guild identity/theme, and then use some in-game location as our meeting area/staging area for events/hang out spot. Personally I'm not really a role-player, but I think something like this could add some juice to guild identity/machinima production and overall be cool.

Random ideas:
- Former Gladiators (SPARTACUS!) who met in the arena, created a guild after their time was up/rebelled/whatever
- Pirates- get to say yarrr and drink
- Mercenary Band- endless possibilities, potentially fight for hire in WvW for the highest bidder of the other factions. (IE; Side A pays us to attack Side B instead of them.)
- Explorers League- map makers/cartographers/adventurers exploring the world/archaeology whatever.
- Secret Society- an invitation only group focused on espionage/remaining hidden+influencing the world in subversive ways. (Think GHSC)
- A "League of Legends"- Kind of like the avengers or something, renowned individuals from all lands coming together to fight the dragons
- Escaped convicts- met in prison, broke free together

What are your ideas?

I like the idea - from a RPers point of view. I thought about having some sort of "area" to hang out in as a guild, or at least for my fellow RPers. When the game comes live ill figure that part out..

I love the idea of Mercenary Band of lets say PIRATES! lol.. And im big on exploration. I really like this post, i think tristan should move it to my RP forum section to keep the ideas following over there and make it easier for the RPers to find :)

And another plus, i love seeing interest from non RPers to do RP like events. It lets you be "young" again and have an imagination and thats a big part of gaming for me.

Events like this let the non RPers join in and have fun, cause let me tell ya RPers are crazy fun when they want to be, it would be a nice way to get away from all the seriousness that goes on!

Well there are a few locations that could be conducive to like a guild area. I know that there are some ships in the harbor of lions gate, and theres a secret bar area there by the sewers too.

The only reason I posted it under general was really so it hit everyone's dashboard equally. Something like this would be good to have everyone's input on.

Oh i love secret hiding places! Gives the area less traffic. I had a wonderful hangout in WoW back in the day that not many people knew about and that made it feel extra special lol..

I wish ive gotten to play the beta weekends but i should be able to play the next one but i doubt ill be able to take much time to search for places but ya once the game comes live ill be able to hunt some places down, im very talented at that lol

This is the secret order of whispers place, and there is a bar back there too... I couldn't get in though, the door wasn't able to be opened. (Bar @ 5:20)

Top Bottom