What's new

GW2 The Mythical Moment of me finally hitting 80...thanks to a level 14 devourer.

Valikar

The Brit
I said I would do this when the moment came around and here it finally is. Ladies, Gentlemen of the great Yaktopus Nation of Arcanix. I, Valikar, self-prophesed alt-aholic have finally hit that final level in GW2 with my first character!!!!

It only took me 102 hours and 25minutes out of 214 hours of play over the last 7 months and only 235 deaths.

(If anyone is interested I had 54% map completion upon hitting 80)

So I just want to take this moment to pat myself on the back and thank everyone who helped me, just played with me, made the journey more interesting and fun, or in some cases encouraging my distractions *cough cough* Jia *cough*

Strangely as i put in the thread title what finally put me over the edge was a lvl 14 devourer and it got me wondering what finally put everyone else into level 80-dom.

Val - Level 80 Necro

/strip (celebratory lap dance)

I hit 80 climbing to the top of Mt. Maelstrom. It was a conscious choice just in case anyone asked me about it later.

I got it killing some mob in orr. I know someone got it off a rez in WvW. Grats on 80 man :)

haha miranda your spelling his name wrong again haha, nah i bossed it. it wasn't my alt that i was playing :p
thanks everyone :)

Congratulations!

I'm mostly proud of you for resisting the temptation of suddenly finding your level 10-ish Guardian much more interesting to level up to 80 than your (then) level 78-ish Necro. On a side note, have you checked the spelling on your Necro's name? Sure there's no typo in there? *ponydee:

I hit level 80 after farming an onion. It was both epic and anticlimactic at the same time.
And it is a rumor that I encourage distractions, I merely inspire diversification!
So what's next? BL2 level 61 with your Commando? ^^

PS: Oh Mirhonda... it's all your fault that it took him so long to reach level 80 in the first place!

Mine kinda anti-climatic. I think i hit 80 by killing a lvl 15? boar. its been so long, can't remember

Top Bottom