What's new

The past three months..

sweetloaf

Have honestly been some of the most trying in my entire life. As some of you know I quit my job in search of happier employment and, while I found some it was not the steady stream of work I was initially promised and has now almost fizzled out. I'm back on the mend financially, now, but this past month alone has been a series of fighting to make ends meet. Pawn shops became my income source, and I was only making enough money to cover my external expenses, i.e. insurance, gas, rent, etc.

Now, around the time I quit my job (which was only because she urged me to) I began having issues with my girlfriend, whom I had been with for nearly four years. It seemed trivial at first but grew exponentially over a few days and grew to the point where I wouldn't see her for 4-5 days at a time. We lived together. No contact for most of the week, every week. The times she would come home she would only be around for a couple of hours max and would be incredibly defensive about her whereabouts. This went on for about 2 and a half months.

Three weeks ago she asked me to move out of the apartment. This was at the peak of whatever issue was at hand. Earlier that day I got a cryptic text from a longtime friend, of almost 8 years, saying that we needed to meet and talk later in the day. That ended up not happening as my girlfriend came to my office and proceeded to kick me out of the apartment we had been living in for the past 9 or so months. Obviously I inquired as to why and after being jerked around she told me that she had been cheating on me for the past 2-3 months with my aforementioned friend, Nick. Though, not only with Nick, but with a series of other guys that I either knew or had met prior. I actually shook one of the guys hands days before as he sat on my couch and drank my beer.

This was probably the most shattering news I had heard since the day my Father died. I didn't know how to react, and thankfully one of my best friends was able to keep me from acting violently, and frankly, like an idiot. That was about 3 or so weeks ago. Since then I fell into my normal state of conflict resolution: self destructive activities. I have never been good with dealing with bullshit and this was no difference. I spent the first week in a steady drunken haze, avoiding almost all connection to other people. I'd drink, drink, drink and then feel sorry for myself for days on end. Just recently I was able to get out of the self deprecation for the most part and I have three of the best friends I could ask for for that small favor.

The thing is, I still don't feel closure on any of this. I still feel sorry for myself, I still hate myself for allowing this to happen and despite everything I blame myself for what she did. I don't hate her, but seeing her makes me physically ill. I've also had to cordon myself off from a lot of the social events in my area for fear of seeing one of the assholes that was involved in all of this and losing my shit and doing something stupid.

I haven't really gone in depth about any of it with anyone and on the surface I seem alright but it's probably the deepest feeling of self loathing I've ever had. People keep saying time heals all wounds but the hatred, and yes I mean hatred, I feel towards my own personal Judas is something that I don't think I can get over; and that in particular is something that keeps me up at night, or makes me drink six more beers when I know I should have stopped long ago.

I guess this isn't so much of a rant as a pity post, but it feels better just to get it all out in one place for the most part.

Oh, and to top it off I realized I have no idea how to be single.

If I'm doing the math right you just found out and moved out about 2 weeks ago? Well that situation sucks balls. Silver lining is that at least the worst shit is over. It could still be going on or she could have let you know and want to forgive her making you have to make the hard choices.

Sounds like you had your time to wallow in the grief and are ready to move on. That's good. Also sounds like you got a good support system in your friends and that is great. Don't worry about being single, your buddies will show you all about that. Just get out there when you can stand being around happy (or at least drunk) people again.

I say write those people off and kick them out of your life. They have shown what types of choices they make and its not worth risking the same again by keeping them in your life. And remember, those choices were HER choices not yours. You have no reason to come down on yourself for it. Leave the blame where it belongs: on her.

Hang in there man we are with ya.

Sucks man, it's good to vent this shit though. You got a bunch of nerds on the internet who have your back if you ever need to talk without judgement. I've been in situations like that before and sometimes you get over it quicker then you think, other times you end up feeling stuck for quite some time. There's no easy way about it and it's a bitch to deal with no matter how long it takes. Let me know if you need anything, I'm always down to hop on mumble and listen to you spew off a stream of expletives if need be haha. <3

I am recently single as well, got broken up with at my birthday party. While time does heal, it does take that time and the longer you were in the relationship the long it will take.

The thing that will get you through this, is your friends. I realized this last year and it has been reinforced this year. Those who are around and will be on your side when you are down are your true friends that you can count on, even if they are busy at other times.

I hope all improves for you.

As the famous song would suggest, "You got a friend in me." I went though something very similar with my ex-wife. She cheated on me, but not with anybody I knew personally, and after she came clean about the situation I couldn't look her in the eye or even be in the same room with her without getting physically ill. I tried desperately to forgive her and move on for the sake of our daughter, but I guess I always held the thought int he back of my mind that what's stopping her from doing it again. I went through that stage of blaming myself. Asking questions like, "What did I do so wrong that would drive her to the arms of another?,""could I have done something differently to prevent this?" I would sit and analyze every argument after it was over. Was there something I said that I shouldn't have, or something I did or didn't do that she expected me to do. Months of this went on till I realzied I wasn't the bad guy here. I did everything that was ever ask of me and provided when she wasn't. My true friends helped me see what I couldn't see for all the self loathing. They brought to light the endless acts of selfishness that I once was blind to. In the end we are civil and didn't have an ugly divorce. Anything that involves our daughter is split in half without the courts telling use to do so.

I'm not saying I understand completely what your going through, but I've been through some shit of my own and if you ever need somebody to talk to I'm around. Hell feel free to hit me up with a txt or a pm we can talk about whatever you need to or anything you want to.

704-477-3639

Really sorry to hear that Sweet. I had a couple of bad breakups in my early-mid 20s after being in a relationship for a few years and I can tell you that it does get better. I'm at a place in my life now that I can look back and really be thankful that those relationships did end so I could be where I'm at now. You may not be able to see where you're going now and it may even be a bit scary at times but all we can do is just take one day at a time and be the best you can be. Let all the details work themselves out on the way. =)

You have my number if you need anything buddy, and if you need a place to crash ever in California you can snuggle me to sleep. I'm really sorry all this happened to you.

This is no reflection on you. Cheaters cheat everyone. She obviously didn't have any kind of loyalty towards any of the other guys she was with since she was seeing them simultaneously. Thank your lucky stars that you found this out about her until you got even more entangled with her.

It's tough being single when you've been in a relationship for awhile. Take the time to figure out who you are and what you want. You don't need a girl to complete you, and you're not a failure because you've had a failed relationship.

I'd encourage you to try to avoid self-destructive behavior like binge drinking. Find some friends or activities that you enjoy and take alcohol in moderation. Burying the situation in booze can feel good in the short term, but try to work through the feelings and face them squarely as well. That will make you an even stronger person.

I'm glad things are looking up for you financially. We're all rooting for you.

It's tough being single when you've been in a relationship for awhile. Take the time to figure out who you are and what you want. You don't need a girl to complete you, and you're not a failure because you've had a failed relationship.

I'd encourage you to try to avoid self-destructive behavior like binge drinking. Find some friends or activities that you enjoy and take alcohol in moderation. Burying the situation in booze can feel good in the short term, but try to work through the feelings and face them squarely as well. That will make you an even stronger person.

This is really great advice! Personally, I will attempt to make use of this, especially the "you don't need a girl to complete you".

I agree with kel but wanna expound on the find you and who you are part. Don't hate the idea of love or women. If our hearts don't look like broken bruised rupee apart tired by the time we find love I truly believe we haven't given it or all. To be susceptible to true heart ache is the ability, in my opinion, to find true love. Not the white picket fence, 4 kids, and a mortgage love. Although that is ok too if you want it.

What I am saying is, you now have the privilege to, as much as it sucks, find someone truly compatible. In Europe there is no bullshit about "how was your day" and the answer always being "good" for the "puppy dog" period. I love my life that way. I am me, will always be me, and want others to be them. This is a scary way to live because we can get hurt more. But if we don't hurt, we are wasting lifetimes just being half of what we are in turn getting half of what we want.

Rebound, time, no time, it is about being you. Not knowing all of you. It may take you until your last breath to fully know you. So find someone who knows how to grow WITH you and you and her can share the hard days together and truly enjoy the good ones.

P.S. This site is about being able to love games and do exactly what I just said above, but not with a gf or bf but with your friends. And we are all your friends. And always feel free to share. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, to all you guys. My local friends are great, but most of them are enablers to some extent when it comes to alcohol. I really appreciate you guys, and as soon as I get my shit together I swear I'll be back to hang with you all again. I'm trying to avoid binge drinking (semi-successfully) and I picked up boxing again, so hopefully that will motivate me enough to get out of this rut.

Love you guys. <3

What's the old saying? The best way to get over a girl is to get under another? Something like that.

She's a bitch. Rise above the situation and make it a benefit, not a loss. This is your opportunity to grow from heartbreak, and to overall be a better person. My best revenge has always been to make my ex regret cheating on me. That's the best feeling. Them knowing they were wrong, and is a bad person.

This isn't the time to wallow in pity, sadness, or regret. This is the time to look inside, see what it is YOU want, and grow. You'll find someone else. Someone better, with respect, trust, and love and all that crap. <3

Top Bottom