What's new

The World God Only Knows

Keleynal

Jesus Freak
This is one of those shows that I'm a little embarrassed to like. Like My Little Pony (which I watch SOLELY for the benefit of relating to my 6 year old daughter).

It's about a guy that is really good at dating sims. So good that he catches the attention of some demons who are trying to round up some loose souls. He gets forcibly recruited into working with a demon (a cute girl, of course) to track down and retrieve the souls.

His anti-social attitude is a lot of fun, and the series manages to make each situation unique rather than doing the exact same things over and over.

It's really good though! I finished the first season a while ago and tried to get into the second season when it started airing, and lost track of it. I mean, it's a cool way to look into the thought process of what a guy who, literally doesn't want anything to do with real women, does in order to make a real woman happy (who's only examples to work off of are virtual dating sims). It's wacky "harem-esque" antics without the actual harem.

It's wacky "harem-esque" antics without the actual harem.

That's a good way of putting it. It also has a lot less fan service than many of the same genre. I don't mind some, but it's refreshing to see one that doesn't think it needs it.

I don't anime very much, but a friend of mine showed it to me when I visited him recently. I was surprised by how hard I laughed. Bits of it made me uncomfortable, mostly involving how much of a sociopath/casual misogynist the main character is, but it still had some great moments. The glitch episode was incredible.

Top Bottom