What's new

This guys buzzfeed article about drinking...

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the article:

It’s not the drinking that made the changes it is the mindset. It is the mental change. It is accepting things It is understanding how alcohol affects you and your body. It is not falling in line with the norm. It is accepting limitations.(which we all like to think we have none of). But it isn’t the lack of drinking. It is the realization that you have to work harder for the results you want. I’ve heard every one of those quotes about not drinking before too. It’s amazing how that goes. It’s the human experience of grief in numbers. You don’t do what we do you are outcast. Not because it isn’t ok but because we don’t like doing it alone. Also blackout drunk and waking up with regret is not an alcohol problem it is a him problem. I drank hard when I drank and never once did I drink to blackout points. Congrats to him taking control but it wasn’t alcohol that was the problem, it just was feeding the problems.

To me this is the buzzfeed of motivational articles on drinking for those who needed it after new years.
“That seems, now, like a better use of my time than chatting with some pals at a bar. That conversation may have been great, sure, but in the end, it dies with me and those people. If I can create a few things that last longer than me, it makes my life last longer. It means I mattered a little more.”

I dunno this guy just has that vibe to me. To me the most important part is the conversations with people, if they die out, so what? That was why we were living. I don’t live to die. I live to live smile emoticon
Then again my work also has a tendency to perhaps have a longer effect, but maybe not too. I am not curing cancer I am making entertainment. Sooooo…. yeah.

Now are chats with pals at a bar in america the way to go, prolly not. But in Switzerland the most important thing to do with your friends is to sit outside and drink you apple juice or smoke your cigarette and form that interpersonal connection. So I suppose it is how you look at it. there will always be opinions and options to agree and disagree with. Gotta find those that make your life better. :)

P.S. I haven’t drank in 10 or more years due to anxiety and such. And I still get anxiety, I still get nervous, unmotivated, gain and lose weight. Stopping alcohol can help but it isn’t the answer to a much bigger issue it may be causing.

Top Bottom