What's new

New Feature Top Poster of the Month

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Warning: This addition may cause you to post more, just make sure it isn't garbage!

And with that I present to you: Top Poster of the Month!

View attachment 771 View attachment 770View attachment 772

Features:
  • Top Posters Of the Month Page
  • Sidebar: Winner Of The Month (Shows previous month winner)
  • Sidebar: Leaderboard (Shows who is winning for the current month)
  • Dedicated page within the Members page that shows Top Posters
  • Show previous month winners
  • Winner ribbon for previous month is present on the user info box in front of every post!
Have fun!

P.S. You don't HAVE to WIN, it is just a fun feature, to know how many posts each month you have! And if you do win you just happen to get a cool banner!
Remember with all the new features we want to reward activity and interaction, but don't use it as an excuse to post one word replies to everything!

Last edited:
Cool feature!

I'm looking at you Gyoin

Umm, da fuck? I always post proper shit and don't think of padding numbers.

Edit: I do take a bit of pride in what I do here. I hope I'm not seen as someone who only cares about the numbers. Sure, I may be competitive, but I don't dumb down my content merely to hit numerical achievements. You guys should know me better than that. I'm a little hurt by the above.

Last edited:
Quality > Quantity.

This is a cool feature. But just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't this promote quantity over quality?

If there was a way to account for views as well as number of posts, this would promote the quality part. In the academic world this is called impact factor (I know... sorry for the wikipedia link but it does explain what that means).

I know nothing about coding, so if that's difficult to implement I understand! At any rate, have fun everyone!

Umm, da fuck? I always post proper shit and don't think of padding numbers.

Edit: I do take a bit of pride in what I do here. I hope I'm not seen as someone who only cares about the numbers. Sure, I may be competitive, but I don't dumb down my content merely to hit numerical achievements. You guys should know me better than that. I'm a little hurt by the above.

Whoa. I think you read way to into that comment by Simpwn. Some people just don't get the curveball mentality Bruce :) But rest assured you only shit gold on this site =D

This is a cool feature. But just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't this promote quantity over quality?

If there was a way to account for views as well as number of posts, this would promote the quality part. In the academic world this is called impact factor (I know... sorry for the wikipedia link but it does explain what that means).

I know nothing about coding, so if that's difficult to implement I understand! At any rate, have fun everyone!

Well good thing is we have limits on short posts on the forums. And we are pretty self regulatory here. So I don't think it will promote anything than some bragging rights here and there :) Plus some stat history each month!

Let's not look to far into this.

I think we will all be fine. And be able to passively enjoy this or it might light the fire under those who lurk more to respond and compete. :) Competition is never a bad thing as long as people follow the rules of don't post crap just to post crap.

Last edited:
Geesh apparently my forum sarcasm isn't in proper form.

I think we need an emote or some sort of feature that when enabled will identify a post as "SARCASM".

No idea how to implement this...it is something I have struggled with because sarcasm doesn't come across over text nearly as well as I would like it to and folks take me seriously way more often than they should... ^^;

I think I have the most posts per time spent on the site. The only person with more than me maybe is Tristan.

Cool feature, I doubt anyone will be able to top you though tr1age
Yeah prolly not until I get busy one a project haha.

I just modified this so I am no longer counted as a winner, anyone in second place when I am on top will also be the top poster of the month.

Top Bottom