What's new

Trigger Pulled. Here are my new Comp Specs!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to go with Maingear again because they just do overclocking to the extreme and the 3 year warranty on all parts is amazing I have had my current comp for 4 years and it lasted me so well. So here it is:

Chassis: MAINGEAR RUSH Chassis with Tempered Glass Sides
Exterior Finish: Brushed Black Aluminum
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme X99
Processor: Intel® CoreT i7 6900X 8-core 3.0GHz/3.5GHz Turbo 20MB L3 Cache w/ HyperThreading (16 Threads)
Processor Cooling: [Closed Loop Liquid Cooling] MAINGEAR EPIC 240 Supercooler
Enhanced Thermal Interface Material: MAINGEAR EPIC T1000 Engineered Phase Change Thermal Interface Material [FREE UPGRADE!]
MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service: YES! - Redline? Overclock My System!
Memory: 32GB HyperX® FURYT DDR4- 2666 (4x8GB) [QUAD Channel]
Graphics Card: 1080 GTX
Power Supply: 860 Watt Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply ROHS
Operating System Drive: [M.2 NVME SSD] 512GB Samsung® 950 Pro [2,500MB/s Sequential Reads]
Hard Drive Bay Two: Pre-W1 gig samsung ssdired SATA Backplane Expansion Bracket For Easy Upgrades
Hard Drive Bay Three: 4 TB caviar
Hard Drive Bay Four: 4 tb caviar
Audio: UR28M
Ethernet Adapter: On-board Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
The Final Finesse: Designed, Manufactured, and Supported in the USA - Flawless Craftsmanship and Wire Management
Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Angelic Service Labor and Phone Support with 3 Year Comprehensive Warranty

This is what it looks like!!!

View attachment 846 View attachment 844 View attachment 845 View attachment 847 View attachment 848 View attachment 849 I got it in black with purple LED lighting. Tampered Glass on both sides. It is a beaut.

My thought behind the 32gb ram instead of the 64 is that if I really need that much more for rendering I will bill my clients for the upgrade :) The 32 OC'd will do just fine :)

Last edited:
Noice.
Just one question though: Are you going to overclock? If not your mainboard is overkill.

Nervermind. Reading is crucial.

Hot damn that is a beautiful piece of machinery. It brings tears to my eyes how amazing that is going to look. I'm assuming you waited until the 1080s came out to upgrade. I heard great things about their performance.

Gotta know the price of this thing to make myself feel better about wanting one.

Hot damn that is a beautiful piece of machinery. It brings tears to my eyes how amazing that is going to look. I'm assuming you waited until the 1080s came out to upgrade. I heard great things about their performance.

Gotta know the price of this thing to make myself feel better about wanting one.

Yeah I waited for the 1080. Price you can lookup lol rather not advertise as I can business expense this :)

Noice.
Just one question though: Are you going to overclock? If not your mainboard is overkill.

Nervermind. Reading is crucial.
it will be pushed to about 4.5ghz on teh cpu and a huge boost on the ram, Plus the 1080 does really well with high frequencies air cooled so a boost there too.

I just ordered the same thing with a sound card though. New Monitor to follow as well:

Exterior Finish: Brushe d Black Aluminum
Processor: Intel® CoreT i7 5960X 8-core 3.0GHz/3.5GHz Turbo 20MB L3 Cache w/ HyperThreading (16 Threads)
Enhanced Thermal Interface Material: MAINGEAR EPIC T1000 Engineered Phase Change Thermal Interface Material [FREE UPGRADE!]
Graphics Card: Next Generation Graphics Card - Coming soon * call for details
Power Supply: 860 Watt Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply ROHS
Operating System Drive: [M.2 NVME SSD] 512GB Samsung® 950 Pro [2,500MB/s Sequential Reads]
Hard Drive Bay Two: Pre-Wired SATA Backplane Expansion Bracket For Easy Upgrades
Hard Drive Bay Three: Pre-Wired SATA Backplane Expansion Bracket For Easy Upgrades
Audio: Asus® Xonar DGX PCI-Express 5.1 Audio Featuring Dolby Technology
Security Software: Free 1 Year Subscription! McAfee AntiVirus Plus
The Final Finesse: Designed, Manufactured, and Supported in the USA - Flawless Craftsmanship and Wire Management
Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Angelic Service Labor and Phone Support with 3 Year Comprehensive Warranty

New Monitor: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-x34-series

I just ordered the same thing with a sound card though. New Monitor to follow as well:

Exterior Finish: Brushe d Black Aluminum
Processor: Intel® CoreT i7 5960X 8-core 3.0GHz/3.5GHz Turbo 20MB L3 Cache w/ HyperThreading (16 Threads)
Graphics Card: Next Generation Graphics Card - Coming soon * call for details
Hard Drive Bay Two: Pre-Wired SATA Backplane Expansion Bracket For Easy Upgrades
Hard Drive Bay Three: Pre-Wired SATA Backplane Expansion Bracket For Easy Upgrades
Audio: Asus® Xonar DGX PCI-Express 5.1 Audio Featuring Dolby Technology
Security Software: Free 1 Year Subscription! McAfee AntiVirus Plus
YESSS!!! COMPUTER TWINS AGAIN!!!!

He must have been in your ear about this computer he is going to buy during the movie. You went home and was like "I'm gonna order one of those bad boys for myself"

He must have been in your ear about this computer he is going to buy during the movie. You went home and was like "I'm gonna order one of those bad boys for myself"
Nah we always talk when we get new comps and usually end up bouncing ideas off each other to ultimately get the same shit :)

Update, Maingear has such amazing customer support the newer generation processors are coming in time for our orders so me and Zakis will both be upgraded to the Broadwell E
  • Intel Core i7-6900K
BOOM

Top Bottom