Status
Not open for further replies.

Twistedatoms

Name
Adam Gilmore

Age (must be 18+)

Where are you from? (timezone)
Alaska AKDT

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
No

Character Name(s)
Twistedatoms

What games do you wish to play with the alttabme community?
Wildstar-Online!!!, TF2, Smite (Hopefully this weekend), and pretty much any game anyone else wants to play.

Class/Race(if applicable)
Pretty much any healing class, and race is usually anything small (Gnome, Asuran)

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
Mostly PvE, but I do like group PvP. I tend to be a little more of a casual gaming. Mostly because I have a wife and 3 kids (that don't play). So they come first then gaming next :)

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
I played WoW for around 5 years, Eve Online for 2 years off and on, Guild Wars 2 for about a year.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
I am always in a guild. A lot of recent guild experience I have is just my friends and I forming our own guild.

How did you hear about the AltTabMe?
I found you from your wildstar podcast.

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
I always enjoy helping people out and doing group events. I tend to joke a bit. I am very good with any task you give me. I tend to be a bit obsessive with things so when you give me a task I will run with it and do anything i can to make sure it works and is completed.
I also am a system/network administrator and have experience in programming and website design (nothing fancy) But I love to help and take on new projects.

How much time do you spend a week on games?
probably 20+ hours atleast. sometimes more when I have a really good game. (right now nothing that great)

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
I have been on the site for almost 2 weeks and I really like everyones attitude. I decided today to apply because of Bruce. someone had said something negative about a new applicant in chat and he quickly asked that no one say anything negative about a new comer like that, and that is the kind of people I want to game with.

Have you finished all of the prerequisite requirements?
Yes (I read and replied to the rules, I understand I must be active on the forums to stay on the roster, and I have a minimum of 1-2 posts(other than this application), and I made sure those posts weren't just bullshit)

I'm a bit on the fence here. The application is kinda sparse in the areas where we could get to know you better. I do like that you have been around for a small bit, but your participation still hasn't given me much of an idea of who you are. A few good posts and a few just kinda "I like this thing" posts. Showing us who you are by using the forums can overcome a sparse or even horrible app.

I'm gonna give a +1 just barely since it looks like you are trying to be part of the community with the hopeful involvement in the game nights and posting of topics like the pickup lines.

Whether this is an accept or a deny with chance to re-apply I would def like to see more about you.

I'm on the fence about this one too. You seem like a pretty decent guy so far, but we don't know a lot about you. I'm not going to vote on this one just yet, pending further community interaction.

Hmm I have seen him in chat a whole lot. I am kinda leaning toward +1. Wanna hear what Bruce says he has had the most time with the guy.

I can't judge though off chat cause I miss a lot of it. And all I see are posts and a sparse app.

Thank you for the honesty on my application. I am the kind of person that just wants you to tell me how it is, and not worry about offending me. Forums are not my strong point. I love to read but find myself not originating a post or replying, and so yes I do spend a lot of time in chat and now I am in mumble. I have been trying to break out of that shell and post/reply forums because that seems to be a large part of the community.

Thank you for the honesty on my application. I am the kind of person that just wants you to tell me how it is, and not worry about offending me. Forums are not my strong point. I love to read but find myself not originating a post or replying, and so yes I do spend a lot of time in chat and now I am in mumble. I have been trying to break out of that shell and post/reply forums because that seems to be a large part of the community.

Appreciate the honesty. That is important. :) For someone to accept and try to overcome things they may have ease or difficulty with is part of what it means to be here. So glad to hear you say it.

Well I'm definitely a +1. Been hanging out with this guy quite a bit in chat, talking about retro games and the such. Usually making fun of Alaska and his 5 hour time difference to me (which means he's only 5 hours ahead of the Aussies and fits perfectly with the night time crew). Can't think of anything he said that made me think any other than he's a nice guy, enjoys gaming and would be a good addition to our community =)

Edit: He also played a lot of TF2 with Simpwn I believe. Coordinating through chatbox since he was having mic issues at the time (lost USB jack for a wireless). He has since found his headphone jack, but shows he definitely wants to play games with us :) (And thanks Simpwn for being very helpful that night)

I am 100% a +1 after his efforts today to really show he was a part of the community. So WELCOME ABOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom