What's new

Upcoming Miniseries on Emulators

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Dear everyone,

as most of you know, I´m pretty deep into the emulation business. I figured I might as well share my knowledge with you. Following things will be covered in the series:
1. Names and things you should know about emulation
2. Emulation of Dos
3. Emulation of NES and SNES
4. Emulation of N64
5. Emulation of PS1
6. Emulation of Gamecube/Wii
7. Emulation of Dreamcast
8. Emulation of PS2
9. Emulation of some obscure consoles (MSX, Sega Saturn...)

In each topic I want to give you:
  • A basic understanding on how to set it up
  • What equipment you will need
  • How to connect a original controller of this console
  • A list of my favorite games
Each topic will be a place where you can ask me questions if you have problems setting it up.

OMG YES!

This was my favorite time waster in high school. I put an NES emulator (Nesticle) on a library computer and played NES games all during computer/library/study hall time.

I'd love to find safe emulators that I'm not afraid to use on my home computer.

Just so you guys know: I´m super busy currently with UK stuff. I will continue with this miniseries once I have time.

"I´m pretty deep into the emulation business"

For a second there I hoped to see a topic on how emulators are made from scratch.
*sighs* *onycryy:

I know that in the past a group of people used chemicals and microscopes to see the individual transistors on old consoles like the Nintendo 64 and that they used that knowledge to make their emulator code. Those people I call legends, it's nearly impossible for some reverse-engineers.
After a while console makers started using off-the-shelf chips, e.g.:
The Nintendo DS used two ARM processors. Some engineers have access to the data needed on how the chips work.

*Just a random Raz passing by as usual*

"I´m pretty deep into the emulation business"

For a second there I hoped to see a topic on how emulators are made from scratch.
*sighs* *onycryy:

I know that in the past a group of people used chemicals and microscopes to see the individual transistors on old consoles like the Nintendo 64 and that they used that knowledge to make their emulator code. Those people I call legends, it's nearly impossible for some reverse-engineers.
After a while console makers started using off-the-shelf chips, e.g.:
The Nintendo DS used two ARM processors. Some engineers have access to the data needed on how the chips work.

*Just a random Raz passing by as usual*
Sorry to dissapoint you. If you are into that stuff, you might want to take a look at the dev Forum of pcsx2. There might be a discussion on hardware somewhere

Top Bottom