What's new

GW2 Way to get to Old Launcher - New Graphics Settings

Jordo

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/42763-i-just-discovered-how-to-get-to-the-old-log-in-screen/

"I just discovered how you can get to the login screen. You have to create a shortcut and in the target line, you have to add the operator " -useoldlauncher" behind the path that points to the directory,

In the menu, I discovered a few new things:

- In the graphics menu, there is now a autodetect button
- there are two new graphic options - Render Sampling and Post-Processing
- The audio tab looks a bit different und you can now chose an audio device"

they might...just might've optimized the game for graphics cards with the addition of render sampling and post-processing!!!

it was running completely off CPU's in the past two beta events

Hoping you are right. Its hard to watch all these youtube videos and everything is smooth, then jump on during a BWE and have a max fps of 30.

Another factor - When the journalists get to review the game, they aren't sitting in a server with 5000 other people. This has to have some positive effect on their frame rates (as opposed to the frame rates we see in BWEs') as the cpu load doesn't have to deal with all of those extra player resources.

Lol I have 120fps in diablo 3, so here's hoping for around 80 in gw2. Didn't buy my monitor with 120hz refresh rate for nothing!

How do you like your 120hz monitor? I'd like to try them at some point, and compare them to the typical spec 60hz monitors. Did you notice a huge change in image flow(smoothness?)

Top Bottom