What's new

Weekend Beta Roundup

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
I found these on the internet, little roundups of the beta this weekend. D3 and Tera didn't rank so hot.

Diablo 3

TERA

I didn't say it wasn't fun I am saying the reviews are in, and I don't disagree with them. I think Diabo is fun, if you wanna pay Diablo with updated graphics that are still sub par compared to todays graphics.

I think it looks good imo and I had a good time playing with Corvus and Carbomb last night. For me a big part of it is the social aspect too I guess. That said I will probably get Torchlight 2 as well. Then again if Guild Wars 2 is out by then...all bets are off lol.

I had fun on the D3 Beta. It's definitely just my time waster until GW2 is released. No other games for me to justify paying money for. Plus it'll give me a reason to talk to people who are still playing WoW without the awkward texting and them going "WHEN YOU COMING BACK TO WOW?!?!"

I had fun on the D3 Beta. It's definitely just my time waster until GW2 is released. No other games for me to justify paying money for. Plus it'll give me a reason to talk to people who are still playing WoW without the awkward texting and them going "WHEN YOU COMING BACK TO WOW?!?!"

Its a fun time, I like dungeon crawling with friends.

managed a few hours before he couldn’t stand TERA

That about sums up tera for me. I didn't play Diablo 1 or 2 so I enjoyed that beta. But, I got in 2nd wave so I didn't play this weekend.

Tera looks quite pretty. I only watched a few intro zone videos of an archer class, showing off the targeting system. I mean, the cross hairs in an mmo looks like it gives off an different action-like quality, but I think I'd get pissed off trying to control the camera differently.Obviously more personal gameplay would be required.

Really? That's what tipped you off? Not the whole, I dunno, touching other dudes sensitively and caressing them ever so gently while whispering sweet nothings into their ears?? No-homo.

Trist and I tried out TERA and it is very beautiful. Thats really the only thing it has going for it though. Other than that its a Korean grindfest.

Didn't try out TERA, descriptions of tiny little cat girls scared me away. Diablo 3 is great though, it is however Diablo so you kind of have to be a rabid fan of the series to like it. If they had made it a more modern-style game with better graphics then it wouldn't be Diablo.

You have to be the kind of person that would be willing to wade through hordes of undead just to hear "Stay a while, and listen!"

... He hasn't said it yet though :(

Top Bottom