What's new

GW2 When I hear people complain about "lack of endgame"

Takkuso

Just saw this:
x346.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-da7VxdQw7.jpg

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/x346.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-da7VxdQw7.jpg

It really put this whole "endgame" argument in perspective for me.
Sure. We don't have high tier dungeons to run once we reach 80, but we can enjoy the world for everything they've put in there. There are tons of threads and videos showing the little things to enjoy. There are secrets to find, DEs to do, and a breathing world to participate in and tons more; not to mention the PvP.
The more I hear about GW2, and the more I try and play other games in the meantime, the more I appreciate what ArenaNet is doing for us.

I do like endgame dungeons/raids what have you. The reason is that I like being one of a minority who can accomplish something few others can. Usually that means I am involved with a group of people who can work together well. It's less about getting gear and killing more for me than it is the accomplishment of a team working together well.

Yes you usually have to grind for gear and its fun to get the new shiny thing, but that isn't the only goal of endgame. Coincidentally achievements for doing mundane things gives me pleasure too because its something else the majority will give up on before they finish.

There will be high end dungeons and armor sets to farm for those of us who want to focus on pve, but I haven't heard of any type of raid. Oh and world bosses that come to you lol.

Haha...ha? o_O

That's was a good comic, really enjoyed it. I agree that MMOs these days have become a continuous cycle that we just label grind. Luckily people have had enough of it and developers are now being forced to change/tweak the formula. GW2 ftw? yes

I've been told the explorable mode dungeons are more challenging than raids in WoW.

And the "challenge" is the content. The challenge in 25-40 man raids was simply getting that many people online and working together. (see pugs). So, personally, I'm looking forward to getting a group of 5 people and really hammering the dungeon and working together.

I agree with Storm. That's going to be very interesting and fun to look forward to :D. I'm curious as to how badass the higher lvl gear will look like :]

I can't stand endgame in most MMOs because of the gear grind. :<

I actually like to grind levels. It is just as repetitive as the gear grind, but I enjoy it a lot more.

I can't stand endgame in most MMOs because of the gear grind. :<

I actually like to grind levels. It is just as repetitive as the gear grind, but I enjoy it a lot more.

There will be some end game, and the purpose of it will be to grind gear, but just like GW1 the gear wont be any better than anyone elses, it will just look badass. It'll all be about personal preference and fun!

Yeah. It'll be like the Transmog runs you see in WoW these days. Eg. "That sword looks badass - I'm gonna score me one so my badass sword can LOOK badass!"

Aye, chances are some of the higher level gear might not look that good to you! But going through the high level content with a guild group would be a good laugh anyway!

I do like endgame dungeons/raids what have you. The reason is that I like being one of a minority who can accomplish something few others can. Usually that means I am involved with a group of people who can work together well. It's less about getting gear and killing more for me than it is the accomplishment of a team working together well.

Yes you usually have to grind for gear and its fun to get the new shiny thing, but that isn't the only goal of endgame. Coincidentally achievements for doing mundane things gives me pleasure too because its something else the majority will give up on before they finish.

I'm in the same boat as you. Love all that stuff. I also like the more hardcore crafting as well, so for me, in this game, that means maxxing out all the crafts on one toon if feasible with the gold swap at max level, or building crafting alts. Collections too, must complete all collections...

I've been told the explorable mode dungeons are more challenging than raids in WoW.

And the "challenge" is the content. The challenge in 25-40 man raids was simply getting that many people online and working together. (see pugs). So, personally, I'm looking forward to getting a group of 5 people and really hammering the dungeon and working together.

Agreed on it being a challenge to get the necessary people/classes online, but I really enjoyed the epic nature of getting that many people together to try and accomplish something. Aside from challenge, the scope made it fun. And I'm really referring to EQ1 and vanilla WoW. At least the WvWvW should provide that in this game.

There will be some end game, and the purpose of it will be to grind gear, but just like GW1 the gear wont be any better than anyone elses, it will just look badass. It'll all be about personal preference and fun!

I actually don't mind doing it for aesthetic reasons. Sometimes I play a game just because it's pretty. =.='' In SWTOR, I spent more money and effort to keep my customized formal dress outfit upgraded with new parts than anything else. Just getting normal drops would have made it easier and faster for me to level, but I wouldn't be looking so pretty in the cutscenes! XD

I actually don't mind doing it for aesthetic reasons. Sometimes I play a game just because it's pretty. =.='' In SWTOR, I spent more money and effort to keep my customized formal dress outfit upgraded with new parts than anything else. Just getting normal drops would have made it easier and faster for me to level, but I wouldn't be looking so pretty in the cutscenes! XD

Totally Agree. Not having to spend months and months grinding to get an item JUST so you can be as good as others is amazing.

I would happily spend months grinding out a dungeon/raid/pvp/WvWvW ect for something that makes my character look way cooler. Especially for RP reasons too.

I would happily spend months grinding out a dungeon/raid/pvp/WvWvW ect for something that makes my character look way cooler. Especially for RP reasons too.
I actually did this in WoW, thought I wasn't "supposed to." Once transmutation became available, I went back and started grinding in lower level dungeons for the aesthetics I wanted and putting them on top of my gear. I'll be looking forward to this mechanic.

I could never be bothered on WoW. I don't know why, but even for cool looking gear, something just didn't appeal to me about doing low level content that you could just steam roll through.

That being said, in GW2 you can join a friend in an old dungeon who's alot lower level than you and it will still be a challenge! And you'll still get exp for doing so! Should be great fun! I personally can't wait!

Top Bottom