What's new

When people get upset without knowing all the information!

Drac

This happened earlier today while reading some comments about the new Lost Shore information coming up. I've read pissed off comments from at least 20 people at this point in my day who are PISSED about ANet bringing up the idea of 'Ascended' gear. Specifically, tons of these people are citing how the game has immediately turned into a 'GRIND' for better armor sets every 3 months..

Firstly, fuck that noise.

Second, it won't replace legendaries or exotics. Its simply a step up for those (like myself) who are fully geared in Exotics (which really isn't that hard if you give your self a sense of purpose). For anyone who is unaware, there is a ~13% (could be exact) upgrade for likewise armor in between blue/green/yellow/orange/lengedary, etc. This means the new gear will likely be at a half-step up from exotic, or 5% extra stats. As anyone who is 'end game' knows. The game is more directly affected by your skill with your class than the 5% difference an entire armor set may make up. GAHHHHHHH

Third, QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE 1 THING THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE NEGATIVE. The update also includes a new resource to harvest, 200+ new recipes, a new dungeon, new content, piggy backing for playing with friends, a new sPVP map and WONT COST ANYTHING TO GET.

FFS, /rant.

If the new armor has a stat upgrade, I have a reason to play again. Right now, I don't have my carrot on a stick, and I have played much less. I'm very excited for this patch, as it's exactly what I need. New content. That's all.

I hate whiny people that get upset because they might not get the best stuff handed to them on a platter.

I think that having elite achievements, titles, and gear is an important part of any game. It gives you something to strive for and means something when you achieve it. A 5% stat increase isn't going to make bad players good, and will make good players only marginally better.

I hate whiny people that get upset because they might not get the best stuff handed to them on a platter.

I think that having elite achievements, titles, and gear is an important part of any game. It gives you something to strive for and means something when you achieve it. A 5% stat increase isn't going to make bad players good, and will make good players only marginally better.
See that's just it. Way too many people adopt the attitude that if they aren't wearing the best gear, they, and their gameplay, are immediately 'bad'. Especially in GW2, anyone should recognize that your skill is much more dependent on your actual skill, rather then the gear you're wearing.

I might have more health, hit harder and be able to take more of a licking wearing full exotics. But I don't doubt that there are warrior's in green who can outplay me.

The sad thing is that in some other games not having the absolute best does make you 'bad'. But this is not true in GW2.

I was surprised to hear about the ascended gear, actually. I'm reserving judgment until I see precisely how it's implemented, but I was under the impression that ArenaNet was averse to the idea of a gear treadmill. Granted, one new category of armor does not necessarily mean a treadmill, especially if it's roughly on par with exotic gear stat-wise (just like Bolt has the same numbers as an Exotic Sword with Soldier stat distribution). So I'm not ready to storm the gates, but I'm not sure I'm on board with this decision just yet.

Even so, I couldn't be happier with how proactive they're being at putting out new content. I'm not letting unfounded concerns about one part of the update quell my excitement for a new level 80 zone with an enemy other than Risen in it.

The only equipment that makes a huge notable difference at endgame are weapons. Having an exotic weapon compared to a rare is a huge difference. The armor is negligible at best, including jewelry. All of my characters are still sitting on green jewelry because I can't be arsed to get exotic jewelry because crafting is the only way to get it.

i havn't even reached 80 yet.....worst player ever, fucking life being all up in my face with class deadlines and stuffs

i havn't even reached 80 yet.....worst player ever, fucking life being all up in my face with class deadlines and stuffs

It's okay, you can still do the new one shot content. Everyone is being scaled up to level 80 for the duration of the event so you won't miss it. It'll be a regular level 80 zone only after the event is over.

only this weekend though. it goes to a level 80 zone no sidekicking after the events are done.

Hah, who cares?!

IMO, enjoying a game = playing it properly.

yeah i agree buy...its not so much the level thing as the not being able to play so im still at that level since i reached it like 2 months ago QQ

i just want some, EHR MAH GERD GIMMEH SOHM SEM-PAH-THAY

*crabs*

Top Bottom