What's new

Minecraft Which modpack should I host?

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
So some people want to play Minecraft again, and since I am happy with the stability of my server I would like to make it the official AltTabMe Server or something along those lines.
The big Question is though, which modpack should I host?
I´ve looked into various packs and the ones that I really liked were:

-Horizons
This is the one that is currently running. Big mods that are included are:
Various Agriculture and cooking mods, Mystcraft (create your own worlds), Tinkerers Construct (a far more complex and satisfying way to create tools), Thaumcraft (a magic mod, let´s you build magic rods n stuff),

-Techworld
This one is similar to Tekkit. It has a lot of the same mods in it, but all of them updated to 1.6.4.

-Resurrection
This is THE modpack. It has a ton of mods. Basically the both Horizons and Techworld combined with a few extra one. I would love to go for this one, as all mods have been updated to Minecraft 1.7 which introduced a lot of new stuff into the game. But it might be overwhelming for you guys.

So let me know which one and I will get to it. You may also suggest your own.

I think we should go for the one with the most stuff, so we can do more stuff. Resurrection seems to be a good compilation in my opinion, very good that it works with a newer version of Minecraft too.
If the mod has good documentation or tutorials online, I don’t really think anything will be too overwhelming for us.

I'd have to go with resurrection as well. The more things there are, the more there is to do and the longer we will be able to use it before we may want to go and make some sort of change.

What about my input? -Baby Rage-
Just playin.
I'm gonna give my two cents even tho they weren't asked for - I vote resurrection. xD

What about my input?
Claark and Baldo both recently posted in the minecraft thread, that´s why I included them.
Just a sidenote though: The game takes roughly 3-4 minutes to start up on my system, due to the massive amount of mods.

I'm down with anything. I'm going to see if i can get the client to work over Christmas break

I like FTB and Tekkit and or Tekkit Lite. But I also like Vanilla....

Honestly I dont know much about the lines you posted. I'm new to the FTB packs. I think anything would be cool.

Change it up a bit!

I would consider doing this, but every time we would have to create a new map and that sucks. Also jumping back and fourth from 1.6.4 to 1.7.1 is no fun. There is so much new (and more reliable) content in 1.7.1.

So Modpack is up, server is theoretically running a few questions:
Spawn protection yes/no?
Difficulty: easy/medium? (I do not want hard, I want to enjoy the game n stuff)
PvP: on/off?
White-List: yes/no?
Seed: (I would go for AltTabMeIsTheBest, but anything else is highly appreciated)

I couldn´t handle myself anymore, so I´ve just did the following:
Spawn protection yes
Difficulty: easy
PvP: off
White-List: no
Seed: AltTabMeIsTheBest
post your complaints here.

So Modpack is up, server is theoretically running a few questions:
Spawn protection yes/no?
Difficulty: easy/medium? (I do not want hard, I want to enjoy the game n stuff)
PvP: on/off?
White-List: yes/no?
Seed: (I would go for AltTabMeIsTheBest, but anything else is highly appreciated)

I couldn´t handle myself anymore, so I´ve just did the following:
Spawn protection yes
Difficulty: easy
PvP: off
White-List: no
Seed: AltTabMeIsTheBest
post your complaints here.

Looks good to me man! I'm gonna be getting in today and starting on my awesome useful, but ugly, creations. I dont like TOOOO much PvE interaction so I'm cool with the easy difficulty.

Which Modpack again? We have a lot of server threads. Maybe we need a sticky "Official" thread with the server info since it changes on the regular.

Top Bottom