What's new

Wildstar WildStar Twitch Stream (coming soon!)

Crake

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk
So I was bored last night and decided to set up OBS for some sexy WildStar streaming. I am definitely looking forward to streaming our all of our adventures and misadventures in the land of Nexus. I wanna work on getting my stream looking nice and spiffy, and I think I have a pretty good start. Here is a preview, complete with a sultry expression for the ladies..

HKjAhrT.jpg

I'd like to get something a bit better then text for the top portion of the stream, do we have any tab logos with an invisible background? tr1age

EDIT: I think I figured out a text only solution, is there an 'official' font we use for that logo? If not I'll just use my go-to Gil Sans MT. Here's a mockup with a SCROLLY TEXT AREA!
VADnBSL.jpg

I like dis...I'll be streaming no questio...but I definitely should tweak things like this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I want to, but I doubt my lappy can handle it. But I may steal things from people to make it look pretty if I decide to do it XD

Thanks y'all, the little overlay I put over the webcam portion isn't perfect but that's about the extent of my photoshop skills haha.

Thanks; as I improve my skills I'd like to set up one of those overlays that notifies of things in real time, make it more interactive. Though, I'm not sure what I could do yet..

I really like the layout of the 2nd image. Your picture is classic as well. Pretty cool stuff and good exposure for the site.

Thanks man; I plan to use this mainly as a recruiting tool so hopefully I get some viewers!

Going back to my last post, anyone have any ideas on ways I can make this stream more interactive? I want to try to pull more viewers and I need something to set me apart.. I'm still a newb at this but I will try to implement any ideas that are good enough!

In league of legends streams, popular streamers usually do their best to explain what theyre doing either while or after theyre done. Also they interact with viewers doing amas and also viewer events. Just some things to think about.

I can only say what would keep me interested. Avoid long silences. Keep talking about the game, an aspect of the game you are playing, the area, your character, your abilities, etc. Explain why you are running the build that you are even if it is while you are out in the world questing. It's obviously much more exciting when you are doing dungeon runs because the action is faster paced and there is a goal to it all.

I typically just keep chat on a second screen and respond to any/all questions (even the silly/troll ones, as people tend to get a kick out of the answers).

One thing i really liked watching many streams and Smite was that when they had other people they talked to the atmosphere usually was a little lighter and made for a better stream.

I can only say what would keep me interested. Avoid long silences. Keep talking about the game, an aspect of the game you are playing, the area, your character, your abilities, etc. Explain why you are running the build that you are even if it is while you are out in the world questing. It's obviously much more exciting when you are doing dungeon runs because the action is faster paced and there is a goal to it all.

Yeah, I definitely need to work on being more entertaining during 'down time' a lot of popular streamers seem to have a bit of a character they play on their streams, but I'm not terribly good at that haha.

I typically just keep chat on a second screen and respond to any/all questions (even the silly/troll ones, as people tend to get a kick out of the answers).

Yeah, having 2 screens is really helpful for streaming, you should see how congested my 2nd monitor becomes haha, got all sorts of stuff pulled up.

One thing i really liked watching many streams and Smite was that when they had other people they talked to theatmosphere usually was a little lighter and made for a better stream.

Yeah, I'm hoping to spark up some good game conversations in mumble while I stream, whilst addressing the viewers as much as possible.

just talk crap to yourself in between. works wonders for most. like i.e. /oh butterflies! and then rant

just talk crap to yourself in between. works wonders for most. like i.e. /oh butterflies! and then rant

Actually, this is the best way to get viewers. There are tons of people who will spend 5 seconds on a stream before deciding to go to another stream. One of the reasons people will stay on a stream is the caster is talking. Even if you have zero viewers, pretend you have hundreds and keep talking.

So I may be building my own green screen.. girlfriend gave me the go ahead because she could get use out of it as well. I'll probably hold off and see if my viewership increases as I stream; probably won't be worth the effort if only 2-5 people are consistently watching haha.

Thought this is something you may want to look at.

Howdy Wildstarfarians!

With release rapidly approaching, I'm looking to compile a list of people who stream Wildstar. We love that people want to share our game with the big wide intartubes and we want to help you do that!

So, here's what I'm looking for:

Stream/Twitch Name
Location & Language (NA/EU, etc)
How often do you stream (or plan to stream) Wildstar?*
Link to your channel

*I know it's still early and launch isn't here yet, so if you don't know or you tend to be a "whenever I feel like it" type streamer, that's fine too.

Lastly, please just reply to this thread with the above info. I know that lots of streamers have already posted their threads here with the info and I'll be going through those as well plus I'll be looking to get in and ask questions and discuss things in those threads, but this thread is just for compiling the list. Thanks!

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38811-calling-all-streamers/

Top Bottom