What's new

Worse game endings

Chook

What is some of the worse game endings you guys have played through?
I just finished Operation Racoon City, and oh man. I feel like choking the shit out of the devs who made it.

oh god, Rage! Worst ending ever! They spend hours developing a cool sophisticated story line and creating an immersive world, yet when you kill the final boss you basically get a 10 second cutscene that says "well done, you beat the game". and you don't even know it's the last mission!!! That doesn't close off any of the open storyline. You couldn't even go back and play!*killme*

gears of war 1. I had the game beat so quickly that I didnt even realize I was at the end. big let down~

Dragon Age 2. I think there is a valid argument that DA2 was not an appropriate sequel to the original DA, but I enjoyed the game for what it was. The ending, on the other hand, had to be the most disappointing experience I've had playing a game I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe I'm just not impressed by giant statue bosses.

Devil May Cry 4.... Why must Dante give his BROTHER'S sword to Nero? I don't hate Nero at all, but please. He has the Red Queen, an already awesome sword, and now gets an heritage from a dying hero that isn't even meant to be his -.- Might be picking on this a bit too much, but that's how I felt when I finished it lol.

Hmm.. heres a couple endings I didn't really care for lol. List:
Assassins Creed
Ninja Gaiden II
Probably Killzone 3 as well
Gonna go back couple years when I played Superman for the 64 haha
Agree with DA2 a bit
Eh maybe Borderlands as well
Grim Fandango
lol anyone remember NES Ghostbusters? Blorst of all endings possibly
Kane an Lynch 2
Probably Bioshock as well idk

Could literally go one with a huge list of games that don't come to mind atm haha.

What is yalls opinions on Mass Effect 3 ending and Kotor 2?

Hmm.. heres a couple endings I didn't really care for lol. List:
Assassins Creed
Ninja Gaiden II
Probably Killzone 3 as well
Gonna go back couple years when I played Superman for the 64 haha
Agree with DA2 a bit
Eh maybe Borderlands as well
Grim Fandango
lol anyone remember NES Ghostbusters? Blorst of all endings possibly
Kane an Lynch 2
Probably Bioshock as well idk

Could literally go one with a huge list of games that don't come to mind atm haha.

What is yalls opinions on Mass Effect 3 ending and Kotor 2?

Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and Borderlands. Not sure if serious.

Anyway, while I like to appreciate the developer's visions they created I simply felt that the Mass Effect 3 endings were underwhelming when I sat back and thought how much time I put into the story. By story I mean Mass Effect 1 to 3. There may have been 3 games but it was one huge saga. To carry a character through all 3 of them with easily 100-200hours invested and have the story end like that....I was like meh. I had originally planned to start a new FemShep and play through all 3 but after finishing with my original character I put ME3 down and haven't touched it since.

Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and Borderlands. Not sure if serious.

Anyway, while I like to appreciate the developer's visions they created I simply felt that the Mass Effect 3 endings were underwhelming when I sat back and thought how much time I put into the story. By story I mean Mass Effect 1 to 3. There may have been 3 games but it was one huge saga. To carry a character through all 3 of them with easily 100-200hours invested and have the story end like that....I was like meh. I had originally planned to start a new FemShep and play through all 3 but after finishing with my original character I put ME3 down and haven't touched it since.

Yea their not necessarily the "worst" endings, but idk I had mixed feelings about em I guess, can't really explain lol.

Yea definitely not the worst endings, could name a hundred more with worse endings so to speak lol, hell idk if anyone remembers Broken Sword 4 umm Angel of Death I believe... ugh.

Prince of Persia forgotten sands, because it was such an abrupt ending it was like when i thought i was half way through the game it turned out i was fighting the last boss
Fable 2, dont care what anyone says i loved all three fable games but the ending to two was disappointing i felt like i was robbed of a true ending

Prince of Persia forgotten sands, because it was such an abrupt ending it was like when i thought i was half way through the game it turned out i was fighting the last boss
Fable 2, dont care what anyone says i loved all three fable games but the ending to two was disappointing i felt like i was robbed of a true ending
Actually yeah! Fable II has one of the worst endings I've seen. As well as Fable III, but that game is way inferior to the second one so, kinda predictable.

Actually yeah! Fable II has one of the worst endings I've seen. As well as Fable III, but that game is way inferior to the second one so, kinda predictable.
i liked the ending to three and i loved the whole story and idea behind it there where just a few spots where it kinda missed

Crysis. To the point that it still pains me. Great game, but don't put in a cliff hangar if you're never going to resolve it. Reminded me of how much I disliked Halo 2's ending.

I'm pretty disappointed with Half Life 2: Episode 2's ending as well. Not because it was bad, just because Valve still hasn't followed up with it -_-

I never really liked a game that made you reset after you beat it. You'd beat the final boss, level, etc., the credits would roll, but at the end the game would just stop on a picture or something usually with "Thank You For Playing" on it. There would be no way to exit out of that screen other than turning off or resetting the game. The one that most sticks in my mind that did this was the original Paper Mario.

Top Bottom