What's new

6. Emulation of Gamecube/Wii

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
So finally we come to the more recent generation of Emulators.
Both Wii and Gamecube run on the Dolphin Emulator.
For the Gamecube I HIGHLY recommend getting a Gamecube controller (the one for Smash has a longer cable so keep that in mind) and an adapter for gamecube controllers on the WiiU.
The reason why I recommend this is quite easy. Dolphin has a driver build in, so when you connect the adapter and a original controller, it autodetects it. It´s automatically mapped correctly and rumble works too. You can still use any other controller just fine, if you don´t want to spend 40 bucks or so.
For the Wii you can simply use a normal remote. The best way of getting one is by searching for a used console that comes with the remote. Try to find the WiiMotionPlus ones and don´t forget that you might want a Nunchuck as well.
For batteries I can recommend Enelop.
You also need some kind of bluetooth connection. A decent amount of laptops have this build in, if not get yourself something like this.
Lastly you will need a Sensor bar or some candles.

The dolphin emulator is pretty hassle free thanks to this:
The Emulator is delivered with .ini files for most games. These include the special settings you have to do so the game work and are loaded automatically. I rarely have to do any changes to setup.
These .ini files also include cheats, you can use them if you have a microdonger.
I still check my game on https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page before starting it, because sometimes new updates to the emulator break something.

There are no real new settings, so just check the other threads or ask, if you don´t know what certain options do.

Top Bottom