What's new

6 hour working day in Sweden

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Dear everyone,

Sweden is moving towards a 6 hour working day, you can read the full article here.

tl.dr: Basically it has been shown that people are not able to work for 8 hours concentrated on one task. So they cut it to 6 hours and told employees to stay off social media while they are working. They didn´t notice a loss of productivity on a day. Additionally fights between employees have been reduced, since most people are less stressed.

This could be fairly interesting, getting more time on each day to do personal stuff.

If I cut social media from my work day I'd probably save more than 2 hours. They could probably cut it to 4 and not give me a lunch and I'd be about as productive as an 8 hour day.

With my work though it just never comes all at once. I can't focus for 4 hours straight because I'll start a project and then get interrupted by someone needing something or some kind of meeting. Meetings are more of an issue with time than anything else but are required to make sure all teams on our projects are coordinated.

Wow, for me. If I cut any type of media outside of music I could get a shit ton of work done but that wouldn't mean I'd cut my hours bc....I LIKE GOOOOOOLD.

Top Bottom