What's new

7 Mobile Games to Complete Your Smart Device

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
This war of Mine and the cut MOBA look fun. Anyone played those?

---
Tired of the games on your device? Or maybe you’re looking for something new to pass the time in your morning commute? Whether you like strategy games or a good mystery, we’ve got you covered with 7 top-rated games to update your iOS or Android device!

w704.jpg

1. Does Not Commute — Android / iOS40.96 MBFree / $1.99In this strategy driving game, you start out with a relaxing cruise around a 1970s town and as you progress, you are given different types of vehicles to drive ranging from hot dog trucks to school buses. Aside from this, you also discover the secrets and happenings within the small town you’re in. For example, in Level 1, Mr. Hernandez, an ice cream truck driver, goes to buy rat poison and in Level 3, he’s back again to drive to the beach to give out ice cream to a family which prompts the police to do an investigation. It’s like watching a TV drama unfold! Other mysteries that will keep you tapping your screen include the strange mask on Mrs. Griffin’s face and Dr. Schneider’s world-changing experiment.While the game is completely playable for free, you have to pay a small amount of $1.99 to unlock the checkpoint feature which will enable you to pick up right where you left off. Pretty worth it, if you ask us!

w704.jpeg

2. Monument Valley — Android / iOS275 MB$3.99The objective of this game is simple: manipulate optical illusions to outsmart Crow People and guide Princess Ida through a surreal world. With its minimalist 3D design and stunning musical landscape, this may be one of the most beautiful things your $3.99 can get you.

w704.jpg

3. Murder in the Hotel Lisbon — Android / iOS39.6 MB$2.99Join the world’s worst detective, Detective Case and his joke machine of a sidekick Clown Bot as they attempt to solve the “suicide” case involving a man with 14 stabs to the back while he peacefully sips his coffee. Inspired by the 80s and 90s, this refreshingly humorous pixel art mystery game definitely gives you the (retro) bang for your buck. And because the game takes pride in its “crappy jokes”, there’s even a FREE mini-game called Stand Up Clown (Android / iOS) featuring Clown Bot’s sideline: stand up comedy!

w704.png

4. Tiny Guardians — Android / iOS188 MB$3.99Sure, everyone is familiar with tower defense games where you destroy your enemies as they make their way into your tower but what about a game that flips a whole game genre on its head? Tiny Guardians lets you move about the map as the game’s protagonist, Lunalie, with no predetermined path and defeat the enemies that approach you as you make your way through the level. Think of it like DoTA. Only loads cuter.

w704.jpg

5. Asphalt 8: Airborne — Android / iOS1.22 GBFree / In-app purchasesZoom around hyper-real cities in this mobile racing game that’s part of the cult favorite Asphalt series. Different in-app purchases entitle you to many different things such as new cars, in-game currency, and the eradication of pesky roadblocks.

w704.jpg

6. Alphabear — Android / iOS61.2 MBFree / In-app purchasesProbably the cutest word game ever invented, Alphabear’s objective is to make your bears grow bigger and bigger by spelling words from the existing letters in the grid and maybe win some cute bears to (digitally) keep as well! Purchase some extra honey for more levels or get yourself some coins to score more cute bears. A good deal, if we do say so ourselves!

w704.jpg

7. Marvel Future Fight — Android / iOS497 MBFree / In-app purchasesGo on an epic dungeon crawl with a Marvel superhero trio of your choosing and kick some supervillain butt in an original story created by acclaimed writer Peter David. Get yourself some crystals to level up your characters and engage in more missions. Definitely a must-have for Marvel fans everywhere!

And I am throwing this last one in just cause I wanna know if anyone has played it:

This War of Mine

jul01.jpg

11 bit studios is known for its Anomaly series of Tower Offense RTS war games. This War of Mine shows an utterly different side of war: its brutal effects on the innocent citizens of a city under siege. It's a survival sim where you are looking after a building full of refugees, sick and scared, scavenging what they can and trying to stay alive. You have to take care of their basic food and health needs on limited resources, trying to stay safe from the military, and where every other citizen can be either a friend to band together for survival, or a foe out to take what they can.

Trailer

Platforms: Android | iOS

Price: $14.99 | AU$18.99 | £10.99 (Android); $14.99 | AU$18.99 | £10.99 (iOS)

View Original

I'd like to add these two:

Hearthstone
mobile3_symk.1920.jpg

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a free-to-play, online card game on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS and Android platforms that anyone can play.

Players choose to play as one of nine Warcraft Classes (each represented by an epic Hero), and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful minions to crush their opponent.

Kingdom Rush (+Frontiers,+Origins)
kingdomrush_1.png

Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game set in a Medieval fantasy setting. There are empty lots set along the pre-determined path where the player can build towers. There are four towers to choose from: Mage, Archers, Barracks, and Artillery. At the beginning of each level, the player starts off with a certain amount of money in order to buy towers. As the monsters begin to emerge from one end of the path, the goal is to kill them using these towers before they reach the other end of the path. Killing monsters generates money, which can be used to upgrade towers as well. Certain towers are more effective in killing certain types of enemies.

There have been three different releases. The original Kingdom Rush($0.99, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kingdom-rush/id516378985?mt=8), Kingdom Rush: Frontiers ($2.99, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kingdom-rush-frontiers/id598581396?mt=8), and Kingdom Rush: Origins ($2.99, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kingdom-rush-origins/id904737816?mt=8). Each has their own towers, creatures, and gameplay mechanics.

Yeah on both my nexus and my phone. I'm a huge fallout fan though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've tried it cause its free. I like it enough, but I won't stay hooked on it for long. Gyoin will love it because its about being efficient and micromanaging and taking some risks by sending people out to explore.

I've tried it cause its free. I like it enough, but I won't stay hooked on it for long. Gyoin will love it because its about being efficient and micromanaging and taking some risks by sending people out to explore.

The fallout shelter? I actually didn't like it and uninstalled it shortly.

What this translates into is "I created a Shelter that ran so efficiently it imploded and I got bored"

I've gotten lazier lately. My brain has been working at a high efficiency too long. It's in calm mode and not looking for "absolute highest optimal gains" in every scenario currently.

Top Bottom