What's new

Accept No Substitutes

Wow my bio professor was just talking about synthetic marijuana on Friday. Gave us some grueling details on how dangerous it was to your body and something else about getting the formula wrong by even the slightest bit turns it into a deadly poison. Very risky using that stuff.

Its pretty insane, and yet another reason that the USA should, at the very least, give their Marijuana Prohibition laws a serious review. A large percentage of teens are now smoking weed (here in Canada, apparently its higher than the amount who smoke cigarettes). Not that I believe kids should be smoking in the first place, but when health concerns (aka buying synthetic pot) are less of a concern than the legal backlash, you've got a problem.

Its pretty insane, and yet another reason that the USA should, at the very least, give their Marijuana Prohibition laws a serious review. A large percentage of teens are now smoking weed (here in Canada, apparently its higher than the amount who smoke cigarettes). Not that I believe kids should be smoking in the first place, but when health concerns (aka buying synthetic pot) are less of a concern than the legal backlash, you've got a problem.
I would argue that the answer is to remove the "legal" fake stuff and sue the companies that made it into the ground rather than legalizing another "safer" drug. We're on the same page about needing to get rid of this poison though.

I do not, and have not, partaken in this extracurricular activity, but I also have nothing against it. Not my thing, I prefer ti stick to legal vices.

That said, synthetic anything can be pretty crazy when ingested into the body. Kids these days just don't weigh the risk of what they do nearly enough.

Top Bottom