What's new

Achievements System

NOT BUGS - ADMIN EDIT, When submitting a bug report please use this submission as a guideline: http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/like-button.2400/#post-24263

Found a few minor ones.

1. The recent achievements list at the bottom of the front page doesn't match the latest achievement from the banner at the top for me. My banner says Tab <3 <3 Benefactor and that one isn't even on the list of recent achievements on the front page.

2. Related to that, I just unlocked about 6 achievements and the one at the top of every page didn't change. It's still benefactor.

3. Ok I figured it out. You have to cancel the notice to have the next one pop up.

4. Don't know why I am still numbering these.

5. Found a new one! when you click on the actual achievement on the banner it doesn't go to that achievement on the page, it goes to the top of the achievement page.

6. Unless you click on the banner when you are already on the achievement page. Then it goes to the one you clicked on.

[DOUBLEPOST=1364213089,1364212683][/DOUBLEPOST]
--------
Found something new.

I just earned 2 achievements (don't panic, and the achiever II) On the front page they are listed as the achiever II earned first and don't panic earned most recent. On the banner up top the newest (don't panic) was showing and when I dismissed it the achiever II showed up.

This was backwards of how they showed up when I dismissed the initial batch of achievements from when you made them go live.

NOT BUGS - ADMIN EDIT, When submitting a bug report please use this submission as a guideline:http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/like-button.2400/#post-24263

Found some more with the recent achievements and banner box.
My recent achievements pane looks like this

ThatOneGuy unlocked Some Call It Spam II.
3 minutes ago

ThatOneGuy unlocked Some Call It Spam.
3 minutes ago

ThatOneGuy unlocked Negative Nancy.
3 minutes ago

ThatOneGuy unlocked Some Call It Spam III.
3 minutes ago

Probably mixed up cause I got them all from one post at the same time.

The banner box started out showing Negative Nancy then when I clicked to dismiss the notice it went to Some call it spam I then II then III.

On a related note it looks like ones that I probably should have earned like, Somebody Likes You, don't go live until its earned again. I'm guessing thats why the Some Call It Spam ones popped up like that.

Edit: yep, just tested this with Like it or Love it by liking one of tristans posts. Just got the achieve and I know I have liked posts before.

I would love to be able to attach my favorite achievements to my posts or profile or something. Either the whole achievement banner like in my sig, or just the achievement icon like in the area where my avatar is. It would be awesome if I could show off the achievement I am most proud of and be able to change them out like moods.

Second, I want an achievement leader board. I need to see who I am beating and who I need to overtake PLEASE!!!!!!!

Scroll to the bottom of the front page of the forums, then change the drop-down box from Top Poster to Top Achievement Points. There you can see the leaderboard.

(You're in first place. :))

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

The banner box started out showing Negative Nancy then when I clicked to dismiss the notice it went to Some call it spam I then II then III.

On a related note it looks like ones that I probably should have earned like, Somebody Likes You, don't go live until its earned again. I'm guessing thats why the Some Call It Spam ones popped up like that.

Edit: yep, just tested this with Like it or Love it by liking one of tristans posts. Just got the achieve and I know I have liked posts before.
This is the intended functionality, Mike. Hence they're called "discoverable". Does that make sense?

Found a few minor ones.

1. The recent achievements list at the bottom of the front page doesn't match the latest achievement from the banner at the top for me. My banner says Tab <3 <3 Benefactor and that one isn't even on the list of recent achievements on the front page.

2. Related to that, I just unlocked about 6 achievements and the one at the top of every page didn't change. It's still benefactor.

3. Ok I figured it out. You have to cancel the notice to have the next one pop up.

4. Don't know why I am still numbering these.

5. Found a new one! when you click on the actual achievement on the banner it doesn't go to that achievement on the page, it goes to the top of the achievement page.

6. Unless you click on the banner when you are already on the achievement page. Then it goes to the one you clicked on.

[DOUBLEPOST=1364213089,1364212683][/DOUBLEPOST]
--------
Found something new.

I just earned 2 achievements (don't panic, and the achiever II) On the front page they are listed as the achiever II earned first and don't panic earned most recent. On the banner up top the newest (don't panic) was showing and when I dismissed it the achiever II showed up.

This was backwards of how they showed up when I dismissed the initial batch of achievements from when you made them go live.
1-3 are by design. Cannot reproduce 5/6; they work for me. Can you give more information?
Last part I'm confused by, too. You know all the activity streams go bottom-up site wide right? Is that causing the ordering confusion?

To clarify on a few other points, it is set up so you view each notice individually. Since some of these are based on non-self-discoverable info (i.e. an action performed by other users), you were preawarded these and therefore have a bit of a backlog upon first having the system enabled.

The discoverable notion is sort of scavenger hunt esque. You need to be active on the site; furthermore to a new member this wont be noticeable. For existing members, it doesn't make sense to have everyone fighting on a leader board against members who haven't logged in for 6 months. Let me know if that makes sense. I just woke up and my brain is at like 20% cognition right now. ;P[DOUBLEPOST=1364225590][/DOUBLEPOST]

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

3 minutes ago

Reread. Yes off because all triggered at the same time and so it defaults to ID order which is messed up for a few ordered things. Again, it's only happening because you're legacy.

Way to go Katie! everything looks amazing.

Haven't had any problems yet but will report if i see any. Ninja style

Awesome, I'll brainstorm. I actually mentioned to Tristan yesterday that we should have the achievement leaderboard on its own page (or tab on the achievements page), so we're all in agreement on that one.

Keep these coming! :eek:mg: Dying to hear people's impressions/feedback (good AND bad), especially since we didn't exactly get to user test prelaunch. Telling me what you value directly influences how I prioritize the roadmap, plus gets me thinking of more ways to enhance what you value...like by adding more ways to show off!

Temporarily broke direct linking from the banner (primarily to enable the ability tooltips in mobile browsers). Will fix after work so just the text links. Still not 100% sure what you were reporting here though, Mike.

Well, now I can't click on the actual achievement in the banner no matter what page I have open. Before when I could click on it it brought me to the achievement page at the top like I clicked on the go to achievement page link. However when I was in the achievement page and clicked on the notification banner it centered the page on the achievement I clicked on. Anyway banner notification achieves are not clickable for me now.[DOUBLEPOST=1364228791,1364228755][/DOUBLEPOST]you ninja posted while I was typing :p

Well, now I can't click on the actual achievement in the banner no matter what page I have open. Before when I could click on it it brought me to the achievement page at the top like I clicked on the go to achievement page link. However when I was in the achievement page and clicked on the notification banner it centered the page on the achievement I clicked on. Anyway banner notification achieves are not clickable for me now.[DOUBLEPOST=1364228791,1364228755][/DOUBLEPOST]you ninja posted while I was typing :p
You can still inspect the element and grab the <a /> tag's href attribute (it's wrapped around the achievement title text) on any banner, or just use any link from text-based references, such as that in the front page's Achievement Recent Activity stream. (the links for both are generated by the same router)

Just clicked on the link in the recent achievements box for "somebody likes you" that I earned 35 minutes ago. It took me to the top of the achievements page where the top thing I could read was the tabs for discoverable and special achievements. I am using firefox 19.0.2

One other thing I noticed, but is probably W.A.I. is that if you don't clear the notification banner and you get a new achievement it goes under the one you had there before. It would be cool if new ones landed on top so if you forgot to clear the old one (or just like having one up there smiling at you) you get to see when a new one pops up.

As it is now, I can't tell if I get a new one unless I pull up the leaderboard and remember what number I had before (assuming I am on the leaderboard) or look at the recent achievement box on the front page (assuming it was recent enough to be on there still).

Just clicked on the link for "somebody likes you" that I earned 35 minutes ago. It took me to the top of the achievements page where the top thing I could read was the tabs for discoverable and special achievements. I am using firefox 19.0.2

One other thing I noticed, but is probably W.A.I. is that if you don't clear the notification banner and you get a new achievement it goes under the one you had there before. It would be cool if new ones landed on top so if you forgot to clear the old one (or just like having one up there smiling at you) you get to see when a new one pops up.

As it is now, I can't tell if I get a new one unless I pull up the leaderboard and remember what number I had before (assuming I am on the leaderboard) or look at the recent achievement box on the front page (assuming it was recent enough to be on there still).
Be less lazy ;P

<3

I'll test in FF later. Still seems strange. Do you have JS enabled?

Java? yes. I also have firebug installed since you wanted us to find bugs. No idea how to use it.

Also not lazy I like having the achievements show up there :p it makes me happy. I just want to see the new ones so I get website presents on top of website presents :)

also how do I figure out if JS is enabled?

I would like to see something along the lines of after XXX amount of posts you get one token. Each token gets you to unlock an achievement , View it so you know what it takes to unlock said achievement. It keeps it viewable so you can go back countless times until you unlock it. Its a perk to post more.

This is the intended functionality, Mike. Hence they're called "discoverable". Does that make sense?

As well we reset all achievements so you still have to, as Katie said, DISCOVER them. Who wants to log in having a billion achievements already and nothing to discover?![DOUBLEPOST=1364232668,1364232343][/DOUBLEPOST]
Java? yes. I also have firebug installed since you wanted us to find bugs. No idea how to use it.

Also not lazy I like having the achievements show up there :p it makes me happy. I just want to see the new ones so I get website presents on top of website presents :)

also how do I figure out if JS is enabled?

Mike the POPUP is like an in game popup. It isn't meant to be there as your personal trophy. lol

That is what the achievements on your profile and achievements page is for.

So yes you will have to close the one on top to see the next one you earned.[DOUBLEPOST=1364232732][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awesome, I'll brainstorm. I actually mentioned to Tristan yesterday that we should have the achievement leaderboard on its own page (or tab on the achievements page), so we're all in agreement on that one.

Keep these coming! :eek:mg: Dying to hear people's impressions/feedback (good AND bad), especially since we didn't exactly get to user test prelaunch. Telling me what you value directly influences how I prioritize the roadmap, plus gets me thinking of more ways to enhance what you value...like by adding more ways to show off!

Yeah we already chatted about a leaderboard as well as a way to share the achievements. Good to know that is something people want.[DOUBLEPOST=1364232853][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would like to see something along the lines of after XXX amount of posts you get one token. Each token gets you to unlock an achievement , View it so you know what it takes to unlock said achievement. It keeps it viewable so you can go back countless times until you unlock it. Its a perk to post more.

We thought about giving achievement points a value so you could reveal a "locked" achievement. We will continue to think about it, however we still believe that on a forum knowing if you put 6 shit emotes in a post is going to make you post with 6 shit emotes. :p We are trying to avoid that aha.

That being said we do have ideas for a point system where those points have value in terms of teams and personal reward on the site: http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/updates-behind-the-scenes.2848/[DOUBLEPOST=1364233047][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

ThatOneGuy Would realllllly appreciate it if you would try to label your posts better. Feedback and Bugs are different. Please try to separate out in your posts "features you think would be cool additions" and "Shit that is actually broken". :)

Top Bottom