What's new

Alphas Anyone?

Sheeld

So I'm cruising this particular forum and I see no Alphas. What is wrong with this picture! Season 2 just came out on Netflix this past week and I've already finished it. Thank god for smart phones and downtime at work!

For me, this show really has a 'human' element to it as all of the abilities of the different Alphas really seem to make them all the more human in some way as opposed to similar shows highlighting humans with extraordinary 'powers.' I really like the way that each struggles with defining themselves without their ability, but can't seem to as their ability IS in fact a huge part of who they are and how they fit into society. Other shows/movies more than touch on it but this show, to me, really hit well upon how these characters struggle to find themselves without being cliche and melodramatic.

I would start pissing and moaning about big money always cancelling my favorite shows (COUGH FIREFLY), but at this point I guess I'm actually starting to get used to it. /facedesk

So fav character is definitely Gary, but Kat is fighting for a first place tie, and I more than appreciate the stellar cameos of Samwise Gamgee and River Tam (Sean Astin and Summer Glau).

Or maybe its a B-show and I'm just way to excited over it...HA!

So I'm cruising this particular forum and I see no Alphas. What is wrong with this picture! Season 2 just came out on Netflix this past week and I've already finished it. Thank god for smart phones and downtime at work!

For me, this show really has a 'human' element to it as all of the abilities of the different Alphas really seem to make them all the more human in some way as opposed to similar shows highlighting humans with extraordinary 'powers.' I really like the way that each struggles with defining themselves without their ability, but can't seem to as their ability IS in fact a huge part of who they are and how they fit into society. Other shows/movies more than touch on it but this show, to me, really hit well upon how these characters struggle to find themselves without being cliche and melodramatic.

I would start pissing and moaning about big money always cancelling my favorite shows (COUGH FIREFLY), but at this point I guess I'm actually starting to get used to it. /facedesk

So fav character is definitely Gary, but Kat is fighting for a first place tie, and I more than appreciate the stellar cameos of Samwise Gamgee and River Tam (Sean Astin and Summer Glau).

Or maybe its a B-show and I'm just way to excited over it...HA!

Its a great show but again...dumb execs with their heads up their asses cancelling all my shows.

I had high hopes for the show because it was on SyFy. I figured if a superpower based show like this could survive anywhere, it would be SyFy. Really upset it only got 2 seasons and ended on such a cliffhanger.

And Gary was by far the best actor on that show. I loved his character!

I really like this show and I was so pissed that they canceled it with such a huge cliff hanger.

Ah, X-Men by another name.

I really like the show. I've only watched a couple episodes into season 2. I got sidetracked with Attack on Titan, The World God Only Knows, and Sword Art Online. I've got my 2 week crunchyroll trial going, so I have to hit it while it's hot!

Top Bottom