What's new

Althea commercials

Jia

I stumbled over a series of Italian tv spots (five in total) for Althea, a pesto/pasta/sauce brand. Each commercial shows a couple kissing passionately, but two of them stood out. I thought I'd share them with you, because they're pretty bold - which I think is cool!
Can you imagine these being aired in your country?

This is passionate kissing? I feel like both these "couples" are totally acting the kissing. Maybe kissing is differently portrayed here?

Either way, yes it is bold to go on TV doing that. I had to kiss a guy in Angel in America. That was hard to find the right character to make it happen without it being awkward, ultimately we made it work. Last night of the show actually we made it so convincing because a piece of spit got caught on our lips as we pulled apart lol the audience went... "oooOoOOoo". :p

Btw those curious.. man lips are not soft and cuddly. :p MINE are but I am metro :p

This is passionate kissing? I feel like both these "couples" are totally acting the kissing. Maybe kissing is differently portrayed here?
Never mind the acting, I just wrote "passionate" for the sake of adding an adjective to my sentence. Neither of the commercials make me feel like I need to go out there and buy pesto, but my point wasn't the quality of the acting or the spot itself; I've just never seen a tv spot having the guts to try and sell a product by showing homosexual couples, and I commend Althea for doing that.

Yeah I don't really understand the point of it with Pesto. lol At least they could have done lady and the tramp spaghetti style :p

Top Bottom