What's new

Wildstar AltSmiteMe General Discussion

What format would you like to see besides 2s

• Total voters

Sheeld

Ok Smiters!

Tourney #2:
- My ideas:

#1 - I want to have a 'fun' 2s category where we have seeded team compositions. Based on last tournaments rankings, form teams where bottom ranks go with top ranks etc. Aiming towards balance and no interpersonal favoritism.

#2 - A change will be made as far as games played and general tournament format, first and foremost, double elimination in most forms except the 'fun' categories, but finals will be a best 2 out of 3. We had an issue where due to team numbers, our finals teams had not played an even number of games. That's, strictly speaking, not really fair. But at that point in time, as we said, there were extenuating circumstances, and there will always be growing pains with new events like this. Thanks for all the input and patience from my players!

#3 - VOD/Streaming is necessary. Maybe not for #2, maybe not for all games played, but in order to continue receiving our rewards from Hi-Rez...for free I may add, we need to conform to some of their requirements, one of which is helping promote and contribute to the game and it's community. I plan on not only streaming, but commentating as many games as possible. I will need help with this though, as I am only one computer/person, and there will be several games occurring at once. I know that not everyone has the ability to stream/record/cast, but if there was just one or two other people that could at least record a game and upload it somewhere this would be SOOOOO helpful. I admit to being new to the stream/record thing, so once again I am learning as I go. Any help with this stuff would be great, but we have a limited time to get everything in order.

#4 - Formats for 2nd tourney. Everyone seemed to like the 2s category, so I want this to happen again. I also want to have our 3s category stamped out. Something that I also want to see is a siege/conquest tourney as these are considered the more 'pure' tournament formats for more refined and competitive play. That being said, they require more people per team and more coordination to bring together. What I figured we could do, even for the 2s and 3s brackets, is have the tournament over a weeks time, and then host and make-up, reschedule, and final games on the weekends.

Sorry if TLDR...
Please list comments, concerns, awesome ideas, detriments, rants, luckster bashing, etc...

As always...smite on you smiters!
Sheeld

For 2's, obviously Joust just works.

Other than that, it'd be sweet to do what we did in the past, have a 2 captain picking teams 5v5 conquest, Siege, arena best 2/3

I like the initiative Sheeld. Keep it up. Love this.

The way i see it, if we have more than 2's we will have to have time slots and probably more people helping with commentating and keeping the games running smoothly. That way we can efficiently run it and not waste time in mumble :)

I currently do not have the capabilities to stream or else i would. I am able to help out with anything else if you need it. Just let me know

Top Bottom