What's new

RP GAMES ALTTAB-OPIA (V.1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome

ALTTAB-OPIA is a CYOP game where you, the community, will be making decisions for this group of people. They will either survive minimally till help comes or go the extra mile to make a whole new civilization on the island. You will control them using a map which will expand and extend based on your actions. Gather resources and survive in order to build a new village, which might turn into a thriving town with enough effort. There are plenty of other sides along with it, the survivors must eat, drink, and breath while keeping the germs out of their body. A large pool of skills that will surely help you sink or swim in the struggle.You will have skills you can train, along with the ability to find blueprints to make simple things, such as bowls, pickaxes, swords, and many more!

How does it all work?

How this game works is that you will be needing different people in order to survive, scientists, soldiers, explorers, etc. The different class types will be introduced slowly throughout the game to not overwhelm anybody. You will need to find different materials throughout the maps you come across, as soon as you get enough resources or find a blueprint sheet, a blueprint will be added.You may suggest an idea privately through PMs or publicly on thread if you really want to make something that I have not thought of. All people require a house to live in, if there are people that are homeless, they are very vulnerable to sickness. In order to survive you need to populate, breeding will happen naturally, though humans make sure there is enough food, water, and a reason to live before thinking of having a child. As well love affairs are bound to arise when the population grows. A 16 sided dice is used for decided the outcome of fights, sickness, and other events in the game, more humans will increase the chance of success while defending/raiding a camp. Every human has their own stats. Skill Level is how good the human is at what he does, higher it is, the better he does it. The skill level ranges from 0-100.

You will use materials for building weapons, tools, and buildings. Buildings have different effects on your civilization. Who inhabits them depends on the skills they chose. I.E. a scholar type will need a school.

All characters/mobs will be named after people on the site.

Think of it like an Oregon Trail and Minecraft meets Sandbox MMO. Except you must work together with those on the forum to plan what the humans next move is or randomly tell them things to do where death is imminent.
The Map and Characters will update visually as you make choices.

How to take action:
The idea is simple, anyone can post actions for the man and woman. This should be in the form of a post below this one. One for the woman and one for the man. You can either go rogue and try to be the first poster (which it will default to if no one can come to an agreement) or work with others via PM or this forum to decide what actions you wish to take together.

Example of post:
Man: Go to the north and chop a tree.
Woman: Go with him and sing.

Result determined by GM from actions above:

Man: I haven't chopped a tree in ages. I am getting very tired and have hardly dented this thing. If it weren't for the singing I probably would have quit by now.
Man gains:
  • Strength +1
  • Dexterity +3
  • Lumberjacking +1
  • Swordsmanship +1
  • 4 pieces of wood
All stat increases are determined by a 16 sided dice. Any roll above 10 the remainder is placed toward that skill or resource. I.E.

Strength: Rolled an 11
Dexterity: Rolled a 13
Lumberjacking: Rolled an 11
Swordsmanship: Rolled an 11
Resources: Rolled a 14

Woman: Chopping trees reminds me of my father when I was a child. He used to sing while he did it. I almost can't help myself!
Woman Gains:
  • Musicianship 0
  • Intelligence +3
Musicianship rolled: 8
Intelligence rolled: 13

Skill level and Stats:
Dexterity allows you to roll the dice more therefore getting more out of a task:
  • 20 allows for a second dice roll. So if you have 20 Dexterity you roll once, 40 twice and so on.
  • As well it lets you swing faster multiply each attack by 2 per 20 dexterity.
Strengthallows you to carry more items, increasing your haul back to camp.
  • Every increment of 5 allows you to carry 2 more items.
  • As well it also gives your attacks more power. +1 power for every 5.
Intelligence makes you smarter duh!
  • Every increment of 25 allows you to advance your current creations. I.E. A filtration device for your water jug alleviating the need for fire.
  • It also gives you more mana for casting. +5 mana for every 10 intelligence.
Blue Prints:
(these are just preliminary, feel free to suggest more as well as try combinations to make others)

Tools

Fire: 1 Coal.
Furnace: 2 Iron, 1 Coal
Pickaxe: 3 Wood, 2 Iron.
Shovel: 4 Wood, 1 Iron.
Torch: 1 Wood, 1 Coal

Fishing Pole: 1 Wood, 1 String

Buildings

Basic Bridge: 10 Wood
Bridge: 15 Wood, 2 Iron.
Cabin: 15 Wood, 1 Glass. Holds two people.
Farm: 10 Wood, 1 Glass.
Laboratory: 10 Iron, 10 Aluminum, 5 Oil, 3 Rocks
Ladder: 10 Wood
Pipe: 2 Iron. (1 Pipe will connect one building)
School: 20 Wood, 4 Glass.
Tent: 5 Wood. Holds one person.
Well: 5 Rocks, 2 Wood

Utensils
Basic Bowl: 1 Clay
Bucket: 2 Iron

Resources
Clean Water: Water, Fire
Glass: 1 Sand, Fire
Steel: 2 Iron, 1 Gold, 1 Coal

Skills Available:

Combat
  • Archery
  • Fencing
  • Healing
  • Mace Fighting
  • Parrying
  • Poisoning
  • Swordsmanship
  • Tactics
  • Throwing
  • Wrestling
Crafting
  • Alchemy
  • Glassblowing
  • Arms Lore
  • Blacksmithy
  • Bowcraft & Fletching
  • Carpentry
  • Masonry
  • Cartography
  • Cooking
  • Tinkering
Resource Gathering
  • Fishing
  • Lumberjacking
  • Mining
Magical
  • Evaluating Intelligence
  • Magery
  • Resisting Spells
  • Spirit Speak
Rogue
  • Detecting Hidden
  • Hiding
  • Lockpicking
  • Remove Trap
  • Snooping
  • Stealing
  • Tracking
Bardic
  • Musicianship
  • Peacemaking
  • Provocation
Creatures
  • Animal Lore
  • Animal Taming
  • Herding
  • Veterinary
Miscellaneous
  • Begging
  • Camping
  • Forensic Evaluation
  • Item Identification
  • Taste Identification
You can have a max of 7 of these skills at 100 for a total of 700 skill cap. As you use the skills they will go up. Every action using a skill. You can change your skills later on just by using the new skill. If you are at 8 maxed skills 1 of those skills of choice will lower as you raise the new skill.

Skills that Raise Stats:
pex4Kfd.png

And if that wasn't enough, HERE IS YOUR MAP!

View attachment 376

And here are your characters:

This is your bag with resources you collect(combined for both characters):

0/50 Items (max 100 if combined strength is 175)​
(for more space you will need to construct a home)​

And so the story begins:

The crash was furious. They were thrown from the bow and knocked unconscious.

The man coming to, looked around in a daze and saw the woman coughing water onto the beach still. Where are we... better yet who are we? The blow seems to have given me no memories before the incident. He walked toward the woman, but she withdrew also unsure of where she was or who she or he was.

The sun was rising and the ocean looked vast.

The man looked to the coast, there was a ship on fire. Was that their ship? Maybe we should go take a look he pondered.

The woman thought, are we the only ones here? I must know this man...

((First things first, they need names! They forgot theirs in the crash! Work together to figure out what they are called. What stats will they begin with Total of 75 points to spend on Dex Str and Int. What skills will they start off with. You can set 1 to 50/100 and 2 others to 25/100.))

This is an adaptation of the forum game from http://www.kongregate.com.

I don't know how this works, I don't see how we interact with the game things. Do we each have a character to play or decide as a group what to do? What are these blueprints/resources. Do you create your own character? Is this an RPG? This is a post thing and not some weird forum program right?

I might wait until you start so I figure it all out on my own :O

I don't know how this works, I don't see how we interact with the game things. Do we each have a character to play or decide as a group what to do? What are these blueprints/resources. Do you create your own character? Is this an RPG? This is a post thing and not some weird forum program right?

I might wait until you start so I figure it all out on my own :O

Ok so everyone controls the characters provided.
You decide as a group or if you cannot the first person to give the two characters actions are executed.
The blueprints/resources are ways to learn how to build items. You can search for them in the area.
You do not create your own character.
No forum program all the assets are created and updated by me as people give the characters things to do. For instance if you chop down a tree the next post will be another photo of the map with the characters moved to their new position and the tree as a stump.

The setting up of their Skills is just a formality to get the characters setup.

Simplest part that is next is :

How to take action:
The idea is simple, anyone can post actions for the man and woman. This should be in the form of a post below this one. One for the woman and one for the man. You can either go rogue and try to be the first poster (which it will default to if no one can come to an agreement) or work with others via PM or this forum to decide what actions you wish to take together.

Example of post:
Man: Go to the north and chop a tree.
Woman: Go with him and sing.

Basically after all this is done the only thing people need to do is decide on the next actions for the characters as is the example.

I say: screw the skills, learn them as we go!

Tristan: Go East and search wreckage. Pick up axe!
Katie: Go East and supervise Tristan. Give motivational tips while he peruses the wreckage. Pick up book!

Tristan: Well I can't just stand here all day. I better see what is left in the wreckage before it burns down to rubble. We are going to need supplies to build a camp!

Katie: Argg where is this idiot going? Doesn't he see the flames? Bah I guess I will follow and see if he burns up. Maybe I can motivate it with sighs and disapproval. Oooo a book!

-Tristan finds an Ax, some 3 loose wooden planks, a wooden pole, some rope, and some metal barrel rings.
-Katie finds a book, some sandy bread, and a bottle of ale.

The tide begins to rise bringing in debris and the flames of the wreckage blaze harder. The remains of the ship begin to fall apart and pulled into the sea.

View attachment 391

13/50 stones​
The Book Katie found:​
Ok what is next for Katie and Tristan?​

I think they ought to save some of the flames from the tide, make a fireplace and set up a camp.
(And maybe start looking for that hidden immunity idol, you never know.)

Tristan: Three planks will not be enough to build a shelter. "I better take this ax to the nearest tree and gather some palm fronds and wood." Eyeing the bread and ale that Katie has, Tristan says, "Um, wanna share that?"

Katie: "This looks like your journal." She hands the journal to Tristan. And sure, but we need to ration the food since this is all I've found so far. Katie notices something due west bobbing in the water at the shore's edge. "What is that?"

Admin Edit: The game revolves around the posts telling them where to go and what actions to take. Try not to speak for them as your actions will cause them to have their own reactions.

There are some good ideas here btw. Kindle, Something floating on the shore, chopping trees. Who is gonna be the one to make them happen?

((I'm only holding off to give someone else a chance. C'mon people! I want to see what happens! :))

Why? Post something! Everyone makes choices. If everyone "holds off" nothing happens lol. You have a ton of suggestions above. And some useful ideas in your post as well. GO FOR IT!

This is NOT a short game. Trust me. :) So everyone will get a chance eventually. Lots to build and explore and fight!

Tristan & Katie: Carry loot over to a palm tree (or palm trees), make sure it's far enough away from the beach so the tide won't reach this location. This will mark your campsite.

Tristan: Gather as much wood as you can from the wreckage (for a campfire).

Katie: Grab a piece of burning wood from the wreckage (preferably one that's only burning on one end and safe to carry) and use it to start the camp fire, then help Tristan. [DOUBLEPOST=1365021409,1365021358][/DOUBLEPOST]((Oh, sorry, didn't see Baldo's post before I posted!))

On second thought, I think I need to redo it. That thing bobbing in the water (bottom left) might be a person.

Tristan & Katie: Quickly carry loot over to a palm tree (or palm trees), make sure it's far enough away from the beach so the tide won't reach this location. This will mark your campsite.

Tristan: Run down to the Western part of the beach to check and see if that thing in the water is another survivor. If yes, pull him or her out of the water.

Katie: Grab a piece of burning wood from the wreckage (preferably one that's only burning on one end and safe to carry) and use it to start a camp fire, then gather as much wood as you can from the wreckage.

Katie and Tristan discuss the idea of putting their items on the ground but decide to keep them in their bag to keep the sea from ruining them or the animals from catching the scent and trying to eat what little they had. (items always stay in the bags, to get more storage you must build some sort of a roof over their head)

Tristan makes his way to the western part of the beach head and discovers a body.

Tristan: "This body has been torn apart by the sea and fire. What the hell hit our ship in order for this kind of carnage to occur."

He looks at the body more as he drags it on the beach... he finds a dagger logged into what used to be a woman's breast.

Tristan: "She was killed before this all happened. What did she do I wonder?"

He continues to check what little bit of the remains there was and finds a blood red skirt with mystic markings on it.

Tristan: "This looks familiar but I can't figure it out, either way I am sure Katie could use the clothes."

He strips the corpse of its belongings as he continues to examine the markings.

Katie: "I should really get a fire going from all this wreckage. But the ocean is too strong right now."

As she approaches the burning wreckage, the entire ship is pulled out to sea. All that remains are some burnt pieces of kindling. She gathers them in hopes that they will still burn if she only had a way to light them. As she heads over toward Tristan leaning over something, she trips on a log in the beach. She takes the Ax and attempts to break it into pieces. She is very unskilled with an ax and only ends up mangling the thing into slivers of wood with 2 good planks left.

Katie: "Well at least we can use these splinters to start a fire with this kindling. I should really go see what he is looking at though, it is getting dark."

Katie approaches Tristan and realizes he is hunched over a dead body, or part of one. She is startled at first but then she feels as though she recognizes her.

Katie: "That is Kismet the Witch! Get away from her body! We have to burn it!"

Tristan is taken aback by her knee jerk reaction to the body in front of him. Although now he recognizes the pattern on the skirt. He wonders why she was murdered. Did she have something to do with the crash?

Tristan: "Relax, she is dead. Look I got this dagger from her chest! We can just toss the body out to sea when I gather all her belongings, she won't be needing them anymore."

21/50 Stones Skirt/Dagger/Mortar&Pestal​
They recovered:
4 pieces of kindle
4 pieces of mangled wood
2 more wood boards
1 Dagger
1 Skirt
1 Mortar & Pestal
Katie Gains +1 Str and +1 Dex from chopping the log.
What is next for Katie and Tristan?

((If you burn me, you will be cursed forever, as was the bastard who murdered me! Just saying. :p And nice that you love Katie enough to give her the skirt of a dead witch. SO ROMANTIC. :))

Tristan: Leave body on beach to attract wildlife so you can kill it for food. Help Katie gather kindling and get fire started rubbing sticks together.

Katie: Converse with Tristan, sharing what you know about the witch.

Both: head slighly north to take evening cover under the brown leafed tree.

Katie and Tristan leave the body to rot on the beach in hopes that an animal might come by that they can kill for food. This witch must be good for something...

Tristan helps Katie carry their provisions toward dryer ground where they begin to setup a camp for the night.

Tristan: "So are you going to tell me how you knew who that was so quickly?"

He looks at Katie as she shuffles her eyes to the book she has been holding since they looted the boat.

Tristan: "Give me that!"

Tristan grabs the book from Katie and begins to read from a half burned passage.

Tristan: "You are my wife.. (he slowly lowers the book and looks at Katie) Why didn't you tell me!?"

Katie: "I didn't show you right away because it just all seems so surreal. I hardly remember you let alone remember getting married!"

Katie looks down again.

Katie: "And I murdered that woman... Why would I do that?"

Tristan grabs Katie by the chin, and pushes her eyes toward his.

Tristan: "I don't know why this is happening, but if that wreckage was any explanation of what was happening to us on board that ship, you did what needed to be done for those on board."

Katie: "A lot of good that did..."

Katie takes the book back from Tristan as something slips out from the soaked pages.

View attachment 398View attachment 405

Katie picks up the card seeing death on one side and the symbol of the witch on the other. She drops it almost immediately.

Katie: "We need to burn her! We can find food another way. She just brings death."

Tristan: "She is dead Katie, we need to get this fire going and maybe get some sleep. Maybe it will help us remember more."

He lights the Kindle under the tree and the two look at each other as he hands her the skirt he found as she shivers. Instinctual they cuddle up next to each other in an awkward but calming silence from the day that passed. Tristan's stomach grumbles with hunger.

Tristan gains +1 Dexterity from starting a campfire.
17/50 Stones​
What is next for Katie and Tristan?

(ok, just gonna get some actions for you to think over)

Tristan: Go north and west and chop down the red leafed tree, gather wood and bring back to site for use later. (Admin edit: all items are stored in the bag, until you have some sort of home with storage)

Katie: Stick close with Tristan and converse with him and help carry firewood. admin edit: their bag is used to carry items and their combined strength determines bag slots.

Their mood was in the red due to not eating or drinking thus they cannot do physical activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom