What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Bonus Podcast - "The Wish List Part 1"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"
Every now and again we will be releasing a Bonus podcast for the week! This is when we have more to talk about that we want to get out to the community prior to Carbine announcements that might make it no longer relevant.

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that, today's topic we are talking about will be "The Wish List Part 1" and the clock starts NOW!

There were a ton of things we didn't have time for in this cast, we decided to wait for some more info before making part 2. So please enjoy Part 1 of The Wish List. If you have any wishlist items you want us to discuss post them here!

Show Notes:
1:07 clock starts - why a wish list
2:45 Tristan: housing - want towns, guild halls, and neighborhoods/clusters
10:40 Jon: awesome warplots - rewards, tools, anti-zerg, and command structure
14:30 Everyone: open world pvp - synergy with paths, tools to make the faction pride strong
16:55 Bruce: economic balance - tradeskill guesses, consumable tradeskill, non global AH
19:23 Mike: crafting system, economy, and rare items - fun crafting, low drop rate recipes and items,
23:50 User submitted: soul-bound items, black list for pvp, pvp bounty addon, raid attunements, rep grinds
31:07 TIMES UP and we got more to say! Wish list part 2 after NDA lifts and we get hands on.

Disclaimer: This show may contain material that may not be suitable for all ages, viewer discretion is advised.

I think I'm the only one that does do these with alcohol in them.

Occasionally when they fall on my nights off. We have been doing them on my last day before I go back to work so a few hours later its off to work.

The Guild Mansion idea sounds like basically making a Kingdom (referencing from the Renaissance discussion). I like it, it would probably encourage more random grouping within the guild as well if you see who is just chilling around.

Kinda funny how we recorded this before they started talking about neighbors. In an interview after the patch notes came out they talked about neighbors being able to see your plot and fight off pirates if you weren't home.

Now they just need to put in guild mansions for us to group our houses around and we will have our wish granted.

Kinda funny how we recorded this before they started talking about neighbors. In an interview after the patch notes came out they talked about neighbors being able to see your plot and fight off pirates if you weren't home.

Now they just need to put in guild mansions for us to group our houses around and we will have our wish granted.
Haha, I hope so! Worth a try anyway

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

Hee hee. My suggestions are the most controversial.

I think it's definitely more interesting when you are debating back and forth rather than all the head bobbing agreement.

I don't want rep grinds for required content, but I'll work my ass of for that hard to get mount or title. And raid atunement should just force people to clear the prerequisite dungeons instead of trying to raid as soon as they hit cap. Keep out the nubs!

We should do the "like, comment, and subscribe" thing. Maybe just at the end of the podcast. It really does work to get YouTube viewership up, which would get more people interested if they share or whatever. I know its kind of market-y, but it does work.

Would be pretty epic to have instanced guild towns, but that's some crazysauce

Or better yet, open world PvP guild towns- joygasm

I could see them implementing some kind of neighborhood system, where those you select as neighbors become visible and accessible from your housing plot. And the ability to create a Guild Hall, with guild members housing plots attached to the Guild Hall plot would be AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. It would in effect create guild cities.

I can really get into housing building in a game like Minecraft, but for some reason in MMOs I can never get into it. Maybe because I've never played an MMO that's done it right? I like my game sticking to what it does well (combat, encounters, player abilities). I usually feel like housing is something that is added on and tried to fit a square peg into a round hole.

That being said, if Wildstar builds their gaming system with combat and housing design in mind I think it can work. I really hope they do something like the neighborhood that was discussed on the podcast. I would be so much more inclined to work on my house if it was represented somewhere outside of an instanced area that you only see if you specifically visit. A guild neighborhood would promote so much [healthy] competition between guild members.

Top Bottom