What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar - "Healthy Hype"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"
Want to ask us questions for the next podcast but too lazy to sign up here? Send us a Tweet @ALTTABME

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that, today's topic we are talking about will be "The Hype Train" and the clock starts NOW!

http://archive.org/download/Alttabme.comsWildstarPodcast-theHypeTrain/WildstarPodcastHype_Audio.mp3

Show Notes:
01:17 Clock starts.
01:18 What is the hype train? How do you handle it?
03:12 Keeping an eye out for the possible bad with the possible good.
04:20 Focus on other games and community while we wait.
06:25 Psionic Fox brings us back on topic.
06:50 How to moderate intake of information?
08:22 Are NDAs good or bad?
13:00 Rant about beta being used as hype.
14:00 Beta needs to be for testing.
15:24 Theory-crafting about theory-crafting.
17:00 Rant on people complaining about not getting enough info from Carbine.
21:46 Insight on how some of the machinima stuff is developed for the public.
25:04 Carbine controlling the hype train.
27:20 Hold off judgement till release. Beta is beta.
30:10 Wrap up-1 min warning. Bruce freaks out at time limit.
31:22 Times up! And a cool new toy for the podcast this week!

Disclaimer: This show may contain material that may not be suitable for all ages, viewer discretion is advised.

Well done, good balance. I think you achieved some objectivity and an honest look about what we might be missing. Totally agree on not focusing solely on WildStar too much "right now" as it's actual release is still a long ways off really (as much as I'm sure we all hate that fact). Now, if I was given the chance to test it, then maybe that focus would be warranted.. lol

Nice cast again guys! I know I get caught up too much on hype trains. But generally that happens on a day off when im bored and I spend 6 hours trying to find every website and every tidbit of wildstar info I can. Loving the release of patch notes; there is sooo much info in those if you take the time to read them. Plus you know it is all relevant, credible in game information. I think that helps because like you eluded to in the podcast it is often the 3rd party speculators who fuel the hype train the most and its not exactly bad hype but often the speculation is taken as truth. The amount of genuine information being released is maybe not "enough" for those of us who like the know all the things right now but I know I am going to try harder to just enjoy what we have

I will say this. Cubeworld is HEAVILY helping me keep my WS hype down. Being able to heavily focus on something else for a bit and take a break from grinding out WS information is nice. I still keep tabs for big news, but I'm not lusting over every tidbit piece of conversation that exists on the internet.

I will say this. Cubeworld is HEAVILY helping me keep my WS hype down. Being able to heavily focus on something else for a bit and take a break from grinding out WS information is nice. I still keep tabs for big news, but I'm not lusting over every tidbit piece of conversation that exists on the internet.

Same, it is making me much less impatient.

Also, I can taste the SimCity bitterness from here. I'm so glad I couldn't afford it at release so that by the time I could, I didn't want it.

I knew sim city wasn't for me. So much so that I didn't even feel vindicated that it blew up on people, only sad for them that were excited for it.

Same here man.. haven't looked at reddit since saturday haha

I think this was the best podcast so far. I don't mind that things get a little derailed here and there. The podcasts should be more of a conversation between 4 people and not a scripted story telling session. All members really participated a decent amount towards the topic and everyone seemed comfortable with this one.

Sound levels were much better with that new mic too.

Oh I like derails and I also like when others reel it in. It is everyone getting comfortable with the 30 minute time frame.

I keep forgetting to check the time when you start so I have no idea when time is up. I am getting a feel for when it gets close cause my anxiety starts amping up thinking the end is near lol.

I keep forgetting to check the time when you start so I have no idea when time is up. I am getting a feel for when it gets close cause my anxiety starts amping up thinking the end is near lol.
I actually prefer not looking at the clock. When I get that minute warning my mind starts spinning and it's a good rush to end on. We don't drag out endings out anymore and that's a good thing :)

Top Bottom