What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Podcast - "All The Things" PvP

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that, today's topic we are talking about will be "All The Things" PvP and the clock starts NOW!

Show Notes:
00:12 Intro​
00:56 Wildstar PvP Overview​
01:18 Arenas​
04:29 Balancing gear/tiers in Arena​
06:10 Different but not different from previous Arenas​
06:49 ELO System for Arena Matchmaking​
08:57 Mixing Hardcore and Casual in Arenas(and lovely Steam sounds lol)​
10:03 Battlegrounds​
14:21 PvP specific gear and stats​
16:56 Open World PvP​
20:43 Guild Aspect of Open World, battle on your own terms​
23:10 Warplots​
24:58 Level of strategy in base building​
26:07 Balancing Hardcore and Casual in Warplots​
26:46 Hopes and Thoughts for organization in Warplot battle​
29:01 Warplots are PvP Eldergame​
20:05 PvP Currency​
30:33 Outtro​
Disclaimer: This show may contain material that may not be suitable for all ages, viewer discretion is advised.​

Argh!! Stop making me want to pvp! I don't have time to do all the things.

Also, hearing Tristan's take on world pvp made it sound not horrible to me for the first time ever. I feel like I missed out on a lot in WoW by not initially rolling on a pvp server.

Argh!! Stop making me want to pvp! I don't have time to do all the things.

Also, hearing Tristan's take on world pvp made it sound not horrible to me for the first time ever. I feel like I missed out on a lot in WoW by not initially rolling on a pvp server.

Yea, PVP is sounding like it should be good :) I'm sure you'll enjoy rolling on a PVP server with Wildstar, makes things more interesting for sure.

I was a little disappointed they're using a PVP stat, as I think part of what made vanilla WoW PvP so awesome was not having specific PvP stats. Although, I understand that to satisfy both PVE and PVP groups in terms of rewarding what they enjoy doing, this has to be done.

And Warplots.. sounding more and more interesting. Looking forward to the release of more details on this in the future. Is there actually a commander mode? If so, that's awesome :D If not.. I hope they add it.

Also, nicely done on the podcast!

Awesome podcast, as allways guys! kudos!

Zakis - you spoke =p....... lol. Dood, I can't wait for you to roll out the troops on warplots - - - SICK!!!!!!
Tr1age - I have to agree with fen here.... you are making me excited about pvp server.
Gyoin - obnoxious as allways!!! love'n it!
Fox - nice to see you on the podcast bud - like ur perspective on things =]

- - - Keep it up guys.... i know this is prolly weird but watching you guys, makes it feel more and more like family!!!

I'll be trying out warplots for sure. I wouldn't be caught dead in arenas, though.

Well, actually I would, and immediately burn through all our respawns. So yeah, won't be doin that.

I'll be trying out warplots for sure. I wouldn't be caught dead in arenas, though.

Well, actually I would, and immediately burn through all our respawns. So yeah, won't be doin that.

Warplots are going to take a subset of arena tactics hopefully. Otherwise it is just zerging. I hope to god you can practice in arenas to get to know your team then move into warplots to use those skills.

Warplots are going to take a subset of arena tactics hopefully. Otherwise it is just zerging. I hope to god you can practice in arenas to get to know your team then move into warplots to use those skills.
You gotta have at least one derpy one. Might as well be me. /nyan

You gotta have at least one derpy one. Might as well be me. /nyan

I really hate to be that guy, but I think everyone(officers and myself) who is involved in planning Warplots and Raids are going to have their shit SERIOUSLY together. Just as a note. We play casually when it comes to PvE and Exploration and Community events, but we want there to be a level of not being "derpy" in these other events since they take so much time and effort to organize.

That being said, you just need to work on your skeelz when the game comes out and embrace the PvP side if you plan on getting in on an organized Warplot vs a Pugged on.

Hope this doesn't come off as being an asshole, this is us making sure that the effort and time spent by people is not gone to waste. Winning IS fun, and we plan on doing it :)

I really hate to be that guy, but I think everyone(officers and myself) who is involved in planning Warplots and Raids are going to have their shit SERIOUSLY together. Just as a note. We play casually when it comes to PvE and Exploration and Community events, but we want there to be a level of not being "derpy" in these other events since they take so much time and effort to organize.

That being said, you just need to work on your skeelz when the game comes out and embrace the PvP side if you plan on getting in on an organized Warplot vs a Pugged on.

Hope this doesn't come off as being an asshole, this is us making sure that the effort and time spent by people is not gone to waste. Winning IS fun, and we plan on doing it :)

My name is Gyoin, and I support this message.

Well put Sir, well put.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of being coordinated...me and Tr1age played some warfronts yesterday. I think it woud be good if we spent some time doing these as a guild before wildstar. It will help find out who is good at what and what we ned to work on. Plus you get to level while having fun! I know it would help someone lke me who hasn't played with you guys yet

Speaking of being coordinated...me and Tr1age played some warfronts yesterday. I think it woud be good if we spent some time doing these as a guild before wildstar. It will help find out who is good at what and what we ned to work on. Plus you get to level whie having fun!
You'd think there was a reason I started up these F2P Saturday events and mention to people they should play together on other days on mumble! /highfive

Ya...unfortunately for me with my job having a saturday during the day to game will happen once every 3 months :(

Ya...unfortunately for me with my job having a saturday during the day to game will happen once every 3 months :(

You'd think there was a reason I started up these F2P Saturday events and mention to people they should play together on other days on mumble! /highfive

Quote meet Quote. And btw we kicked some arse in PvP :) And I have a new spec!

Top Bottom