What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Podcast - "All The Things" PvP

Watched the podcast guys and loved it :)

On the topic of Warplots do we know if they are in the world or instanced and if Warplots are instanced do they have a limit on how many Warplots can be in one instance or on the flip side would a Warplot be part of the world, which I really hope they are. The way I imagine it, is once you have the ablity to build a Warplot you may see sockets to plug them into all over the world and it then is up to the community where to place these strategic forts, so like vanilla WoW, Tarren Mill or like in my server Crossroad would be were that community would like to defend, letting each server decide what part of the map is in need of your Warplot would give Wildstar's PvP a nice sense of freedom. Also I was wondering how Carbine will go about defending Warplots weather you can employ guards to guard it for you a bit line Lineage 2 or Guildwars 2.

WP's are instanced to a a 1v1 WPvWP scenario (as far as I know)

If that's the case I wonder how they will try match up both War parties to make sure it isn't totally one sided, It might take into account the PvP rating each member in you team has and come out with an average.

If that's the case I wonder how they will try match up both War parties to make sure it isn't totally one sided, It might take into account the PvP rating each member in you team has and come out with an average.
Similar to the RBG system in WoW, there will be individual ratings as well as a WP rating. This is my current understanding of the match making system, but of course it's only a good practice if there are a lot of people participating.

Just came across this

Warplot battles can only occur once the owner of the Warplot agrees to the battle. These battles can bet entered through a Matchmaking system. Since Warplots are pieces of floating land, once a battle is agreed upon, the Warplot can move near the challenged party's Warplot to face off. The victor of this battle will receive rewards based on their victory, and the loser will be forced to rebuild because their Warplot will be destroyed.

SOURCE: http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Warplots

Another good pod cast guys. And I agree 100% with PsionicFox, everyone has stories of open world PvP. It is a lot of fun, out there with your group battling against the opposite faction is a blast, even when you are the ones getting smashed. :) It builds companionship.

Top Bottom