What's new

Anyone play/used to play Mu*s?

Sarival

Raggin' fraggin' interwebs
I've been off and on Discworld MUD for the past year or so, bouncing around to Aardwolf, DSL, and Clok once in awhile. Curious if anyone in the community is into the fantastic world of text gaming?

I enjoyed it for a very short stint. I didn't have the patience to draw maps back then so I'd always end up lost and fighting something that would kill me, then I'd be even more lost haha.

I enjoyed it for a very short stint. I didn't have the patience to draw maps back then so I'd always end up lost and fighting something that would kill me, then I'd be even more lost haha.

Gruh. Corpse retrieval in a new mud with no map is definitely a huge bummer. I've rolled too many alts because of this :(

I played Northern Lights (AberMUD), and Realms of Despair(diku)... a LOT. Once EQ1 launched though, it was "a MUD but in first person" so that pretty much ended that era. i still went back to Northern Lights off and on for a few years though to see what was new and how friends were doing... It will pretty much always be considered my first MMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1369792689,1369792052][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow.. I just logged into Northern Lights... It's been. I don't know how long.. seems like yesterday though...

Obuyth4.png

And yeah.. I drew maps.. man I need to find that fuckin' 3-ring binder... the stories it would tell. :alien10:

edit: holy shit, zmud still exists! This was the equivalent of modding/addons, I guess. And now it MAPS?? dafuq? I had to work for that!

double edit: I feel olllllllllld

And yeah.. I drew maps.. man I need to find that fuckin' 3-ring binder... the stories it would tell. :alien10:

edit: holy shit, zmud still exists! This was the equivalent of modding/addons, I guess. And now it MAPS?? dafuq? I had to work for that!

double edit: I feel olllllllllld

Hahaha, yuhp. Automatic mapping is getting more and more common.
Aardwolf has their own crazy little plugin set for MUSHclient

Top Bottom