What's new

Bad teacher

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
Here's something that happened at school:
Today I yelled at my IT teacher "HO!" "FUCK YOU MAN", packed my bag, shut down my computer and out of the classroom while pushing a desk away with anger and banged the door shut.

After this I just went to the secretariat
of my school to talk about it with a secretary who's really nice to me and knows what I'm like but he wasn't there; asked for the student guidance person, she wasn't at school either; then asked for the principal, nope he was gone too).
I was rocking on my chair, something I do at all the classes but the IT teacher told me to stop rocking.
He said "stop exaggerating about it", I told him to stop exaggerating himself since every other teacher doesn't say something about it and that I do it even at home and that it helps me concentrate.With rocking I mean literally rocking with the chair, not moving back and forwards with my body.
Then he just said something racist "I went to Istanbul last week and even there the Turkish people weren't like you"; and he came to me, grabbed my neck and pushed me forward.
I said "Stop it, I don't like it when someone touches me".
I Tried pulling his hand away, and he said something in the lines of "stop exaggerating".
I thought he was going to push the chair downward so I didn't move away, but he just grabbed my neck (I don't like getting touched by other people without knowing what they are going to do, or atleast seeing their hands approaching me).
When I was at the secretariat, I tried to explain it; but the people there were just "hey it's just a friendly gesture, it's humane!".
I tried to explain them something and they just interrupted me, and then I became a bit mad and said "YOU SHOULD LET SOMEONE END HIS SENTENCE BEFORE SAYING SOMETHING!".
He kept trying to say something and I just kept saying the same line until he stopped; then I told them that I have Asperger's syndrome and told them about some of the things I can't handle.

When I joined the school my parents told the school about it, but they just... god dammit I'm really dissapointed in people, when I started going to this school I hoped that I wouldn't see any people that would be like this.Atleast they asked me how I felt, angry? I said "dissapointed", as I'm dissapointed in the world (I was writing a book about it).

I rock my chair because it's a form of self-stimulation, you'll see this behaviour a lot with other Aspie's.
All the teachers know what I'm like: really nice, respectful and good marks.
But when someone goes a step too far then I have a meltdown.
When I have a meltdown all sorts of things can happen, like me breaking stuff, fighting, yelling, etc.
It's something I can't do much about, it's one of the disadvantages of having Asperger's, not being able to control your emotions properly.

I know it's hard for some people to deal with me, but it's best to just let me do what I want to do as I'm not doing something that's bad. It's the best tip I can give someone who has to deal with an Aspie.

EDIT:
Here's a movie about someone who has Asperger's, who's pretty much like me. No, he's literally like me.
Go on and watch it some time, it's a really nice movie; I love it.

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that Raz, unfortunately there's still a lot of ignorant people in this world. I grew up with a mother who is a school psychologist so I've been around people with Asperger syndrome a lot and it really pisses me off to know that someone treated you like that. What is the school going to be doing about this event? I've seen teachers get their ass thrown to the curb for less than that.

I king hit one of my high school teachers once. I was sexually assaulted quite a bit as a child, and its left me with some...issues. This guy grabbed my leg to stop me from bouncing it while he was yelling in my face.

I don't actually remember hitting him. He was put on suspension.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If the school does nothing, they have failed in what is called their 'duty of care'. That's serious legal shit. I don't know what the laws are like in America, but in Australia, if a teacher did that to a student here, not only would he lose his job so fast his head would spin, but he'd have his teaching licence revoked. And that's before any criminal proceedings took place for assault.

If he put his hands on you, he has ASSAULTED you. You charge the fuckwit with assault. You're still seventeen, right? That's child abuse. He'll be done as a teacher.

I'm really sorry that happened to you man. My brother has a mild version of Asperger's Syndrome, and I probably register on the scale at the low end. You have my deepest sympathy, my hopes that you'll be okay, and the most fervent hope that the 'teacher' who did that to you gets what's coming to him.

Peace.

Talked with the teacher today, my dad was next to me. No principal or anything.
I seriously have my doubts if they even DO know what Asperger's means...
My parents only learned about it 2 years ago, and even now they don't know what it means to the full extent.

It's quite mentally hard on me, and a simple "sorry" won't do it for me (especially not if you know how I grew up).

Tomorrow my integrated education counselor will come to see mee, she's trained for these things... I think.
Though I miss my old counselor, she also had Asperger's and we pretty much had the same interests...

Next year is my third and last year of integrated education, hopefully my old counselor can return; she helped me quite a bit out.

They all just say "just say sorry and leave it all behind you", not that easy if you're me. I mean every time I did that my problems never went away until I made radical changes (like changing school).

Talked with the teacher today, my dad was next to me. No principal or anything.
I seriously have my doubts if they even DO know what Asperger's means...
My parents only learned about it 2 years ago, and even now they don't know what it means to the full extent.

It's quite mentally hard on me, and a simple "sorry" won't do it for me (especially not if you know how I grew up).

Tomorrow my integrated education counselor will come to see mee, she's trained for these things... I think.
Though I miss my old counselor, she also had Asperger's and we pretty much had the same interests...

Next year is my third and last year of integrated education, hopefully my old counselor can return; she helped me quite a bit out.

They all just say "just say sorry and leave it all behind you", not that easy if you're me. I mean every time I did that my problems never went away until I made radical changes (like changing school).

Raz my friend, you are already light years ahead of half the idiots out there who just don't care to do their jobs the way they should. Instead of putting it behind you perhaps, and this is me knowing very little about it, you can look at it in a different perspective, where you don't need an apology or anything to move on, you just need to know it happened and can use the experience and feelings and learned exposure to it in the future for possible other encounters? I dunno...

Unfortunately, I'd imagine that most teachers have no idea how to deal with students, let alone those who are different mentally, physically, or culturally. I don't think that will change until the country's priorities change and we care more about education than we do entertainment. Which will happen exactly never.

So where does that leave you? Having to deal with people who cannot or will not understand you. That's hard, but certainly not the end of the world. I predict that will run into many more people like this teacher. You may have to work with one of them. You can't change them, at least not overnight, and suing them all would get tedious.

I think that's why some were giving you the advice to forgive, forget, and move on. I don't completely agree. You should forgive. Unforgiveness turns to bitterness and hatred, and that can destroy a person. You shouldn't forget, though. Each interaction you have with others teaches you something about us humans. We tend to get upset at things we don't understand. It's easier then to feel empathy towards those that give you hard time. Your challenge is Aspies. Theirs is ignorance.

That said, you never need to put up with someone touching you in any way you find unwelcome. That teacher's ignorance is a danger to himself, the school, and the students. Hopefully, this will be an opportunity for the school to realize the need to train this and other teachers about proper classroom accommodations (I've been to many schools who bring in rocking chairs. All the rocking without the banging!). If they don't learn from this, that teacher could learning the hard way- in jail.

Just came back from school with some news, my integrated education counselor came to talk about me about what happened.
She told me that during last year and this year the teachers were more than once informed about me trough emails, I even talked to one of the teachers I had today and he said that when they gather (my teachers), they talk about this and stuff.
Well yesterday when me and my dad were talking to that teacher, he said that he had no idea about me having Asperger's.​
My counselor was pretty dissapointed, atleast she and my maths teacher (I like that woman, she knows a lot) they talked me into still going to that other teacher's classes.​
Only have one IT class left this year so I won't make an uber big deal about it, but I still dislike him (mainly because of his ignorance, even in his own lessons he makes a lot of mistakes).​
(offtopic)​
For instance: he said that HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is a programming language, and that javascript is a programming language.
There are HUGE differences between these things!​
To make things even worse: my school had some papers on some walls informing everyone of a C# programming class, except they call it a software packet and not a programming language... So nope, I'm not going.​
These things enrage me as a student, I have to go to classes in which the teacher says incorrect stuff.​
I really should get myself Microsoft certification, but the exams cost $150 each and there are a lot of certifications; I checked what you need to know about them and they're pretty easy though (at least for me they are; it's normal though because I've been exposed to computers ever since I was born).​
(/offtopic)​

This reminds me of this:
teacher-says-km-longer-than-mile.jpg

This reminds me of this:
teacher-says-km-longer-than-mile.jpg

I am like that too. I usually have discussions with my teachers too, except we just end up Googling when I start a discussion "Wait, let's Google it; the PC is on anyway".

There was one teacher that didn't want me in his class anymore at my last school, but I had to switch schools anyway. I think I embarassed him quite a lot in hindsight, I feel sorry for him (but giving out false info to a class, where the stuff he wants to teach us is my specialty? No can do, I will use my sense of rightfulness and correct him).

I am like that too. I usually have discussions with my teachers too, except we just end up Googling when I start a discussion "Wait, let's Google it; the PC is on anyway".

There was one teacher that didn't want me in his class anymore at my last school, but I had to switch schools anyway. I think I embarassed him quite a lot in hindsight, I feel sorry for him (but giving out false info to a class, where the stuff he wants to teach us is my specialty? No can do, I will use my sense of rightfulness and correct him).

I am so happy that in germany we learn critical thinking. So if you know something is wrong it is ok to say it to your teacher, and unless he can prove you wrong, he has to accept it.

I am so happy that in germany we learn critical thinking. So if you know something is wrong it is ok to say it to your teacher, and unless he can prove you wrong, he has to accept it.

Yeah Germany has a nice education system imo.
I have a friend there who just got her kindergarten teacher certificate after a really long time of studying and working hard, from what I hear the training is a lot harder than in Belgium.

Hey
Sorry to hear about this type of thing it really needs to be abolished! I have worked with younger kids some of which have Asperger's syndrome and I understand where ur coming from a little. I wasnt there but I think you should take this as far as you can, and maybe even sue the teacher. If what you stated above happened then you have a class room full of witnesses and some good ground to build a case.
I am Canadian and I don't know if it is just me but I would not and refuse to stand for things like this!

Hey
Sorry to hear about this type of thing it really needs to be abolished! I have worked with younger kids some of which have Asperger's syndrome and I understand where ur coming from a little. I wasnt there but I think you should take this as far as you can, and maybe even sue the teacher. If what you stated above happened then you have a class room full of witnesses and some good ground to build a case.
I am Canadian and I don't know if it is just me but I would not and refuse to stand for things like this!

Talked with the teacher and stuff already, he was in a really bad shape after all this so we made up.

If it happens again I'll end up sueing him most likely; also there's this one teacher I WILL sue in a couple of years (he always pulled my hair in class, made others laugh at me etc etc). 1st grade, when we were learning the first steps of math.

Top Bottom