What's new

GW2 Becoming Legendary: Or how I got my life back

Guildies to the rescue! I was offered a 175 gold loan, which I'd been trying to avoid accepting, but when it was offered once more, I caved in. I bought the Hunter for 400g (with 70 gold spare after the loan).

Awesome guide. Congrats on getting your legendary. My only question is who just has 175g lying around to loan? lol I can barely get above 10g at a single time I feel extremely poor lol but again awesome awesome guide and weapon

Such a detailed guide. When they make a pistol that vomits unicorns and a shield that blinds people with rainbows I might have to for legendaries on my engineer.

My only question is who just has 175g lying around to loan?
Me. I typically keep my gold invested in items. At the time DM was looking for gold, I dumped about 600 ectos which resulted in around 185 gold. I still have around 750 gold worth of items in my bank, if not more (after TP cut). Savvy investing my friend.

Dire I've only just had a moment to read through your legendary journey documentation and I am in awe of your dedication, drive and detail in accomplishing that feat and the knowledge sharing you have done with us here. While I am not one who will ever achieve such a level of greatness, as I am easily distracted by shiny things and have no common sense despite clear instruction ;), I have a wealth of admiration for players who can do things like this and articulate their experiences so well.

KUDOS to you and Cinder! Beauty finally has her Beast (of a weapon)!

I have a question... why didn't you run CoF NON stop. Holy shit we were doing 7-15 minute runs last night. Other than the dude that won't stfu about spies who is obviously the brother of the citizens guy, or IS the citizens guy and that is where they exiled him to... it is CRAZY money and drops FAST.

I have a question... why didn't you run CoF NON stop. Holy shit we were doing 7-15 minute runs last night. Other than the dude that won't stfu about spies who is obviously the brother of the citizens guy, or IS the citizens guy and that is where they exiled him to... it is CRAZY money and drops FAST.
Booo! Hiss! After the podcast I asked on chat and checked mumble to see if you guys would run things last night, and no one replied.
/shunned =(

We were on at like 2 am running lol also didn't see all the twitch chat ;(

We were also on mumble the whole time :p

CoF farm runs are quite lucrative and also...quite boring.
Let's say you make 10g an hour there, which is an overestimate.
You need like..MINIMUM 500-600g for a legendary. Do you really want to do the same thing for 50 hours?
Sure, it might be fast, but running a wider range of dungeons is far less boring and still quite profitable.
Then of course there is still the whole trading post thing but that's been covered extensively already.

Also, most PuG groups only accept full glass warriors with berserker exotic/ascended gear and likewise for mesmers.

CoF farm runs are quite lucrative and also...quite boring.
Let's say you make 10g an hour there, which is an overestimate.
You need like..MINIMUM 500-600g for a legendary. Do you really want to do the same thing for 50 hours?
Sure, it might be fast, but running a wider range of dungeons is far less boring and still quite profitable.
Then of course there is still the whole trading post thing but that's been covered extensively already.

Also, most PuG groups only accept full glass warriors with berserker exotic/ascended gear and likewise for mesmers.

See I am a min maxer. If there is a dungeon that profits most and least amount of time I will run it till I wanna kill it before I stop. As well I am a mesmer will full berserk exotic ascended gear :)

Plus no one in our group asked for a gear check prior to running CoF path 1 ever.

So just to check I went to lfg and filtered to just CoF path 1, and Tristan is right. Out of ~25 listings, only 6 demanded full zerker warriors and mesmers. Maybe about 15 were for farm groups. One even advertised "All classes welcome!"

If you want to do it then hey I'm jealous because I wish I could do it, there's good money there. Running CoF just once bores me.

I suppose that's a good point to make about trying to obtain a legendary. If you're ever, at any point, bored of what you're doing, then you should rethink your plan. It requires a lot of time and grinding, but as Dire's original post hopefully showed, it shouldn't be boring.

Damnit i hate work. I missed this.

Top Bottom