What's new

Being a girl is awesome... mostly.

Learn to TOPIC! You were ranting :angrybirds11:

Speaking of ranting I am going to make a rant about how many times a day I move Kismet's posts to the proper place. It will take me a few days to write as I need to source all my examples :angrybirds8:

I deserve an achievement for this!!!
*sitting in until I am officially recognized for my ability to keep Tristan gainfully employed* :alien12:

So... I didn't know where else to post this, and I didn't want to make Tristan mad by creating a thread in the wrong place :p ZOMG! ... so I have chosen to make an addendum to my "Being A Girl Is Awesome... Mostly" thread.

I have a girl crush. Well, another girl crush.

I am not confused, bi-sexual, etc. -- I totally live for men! But that being said, I have, throughout my life, found certain women (who have very strong, confident, almost masculine style) sexy. My latest girl crush is on "The L Word's" Shane McCutcheon (aka Katherine Moennig).

002.jpg
199.jpg

OMG I think she's smoking hot! Ironically, some of my other girl crushes resemble her...

Joan Jett
tumblr_lyex49wktZ1r4iowco1_400.jpg

Fairuza Balk...
fairuza_balk.jpg

so I definitely have a preferred type, a type that carries over in to my attraction to men. Dave Grohl /drool.
dave-grohl-foo-fighter.jpg

But Dave Grohl WITH Joan Jett?!?! /puddle
tumblr_m22nu9BNu91qegecfo1_500.jpg

So... GUYS in particular... do you have a man crush? Is it easy to admit that? I think Baldo would say Chuck Norris is his man crush. *grin* But, do you think it's normal to be 100% heterosexual yet turned on by someone of your own gender? I do. What are your thoughts?

Certainly guys can get man crushes, Colin Farrel is on my list but only when he talks. Man/woman it doesn't matter, an Irish accent is damn sexy.

Asides from sexy accents/edginess my man crushes are super shallow. To best explain my reaction to incredibly ripped men (but not body builders that's just gross) I'm going to borrow a scene from TeamFourStar's Dragonball Z parodies:

I believe very, very few people, if any, are 100% heterosexual.

That being said, however, I've never had a guy crush. I'd admit it if I did, but I honestly don't know what people find attractive about men. Maybe a very feminine-looking man... I dunno. I did kind of like a MtF transsexual I was kind of friends with.

I love studying the human body. I think it's beautiful. I used to attend live model art sessions even though I can't paint, draw, illustrate worth a damn, but I would try. To me, every shape, size, line, light, shadow... all of it, evokes a reaction out of me. Sometimes stronger reactions than others. I don't really care for labels myself, but I understand that is how people 'relate' to things. So if I had to classify my sexuality only by the partners I have had in my life, I would be 'heterosexual'. That is not to say I haven't fantasized about many things... but I don't think fantasies are necessarily what you crave in reality. That is another discussion in itself.

Labels and classifying sexuality are all extremely complicated. It's never as simple as people seem to want to make it. In my case though, the best I can come up with for classifying my own sexuality is gynephilia (aka, girls are awesome).

I can look at another man and identify if they are cute, handsome, ect. For example, I can look at Sean Connery and hope I look that awesome when I am as old as he is, but it's not the same attraction or physiological response I feel towards attractive females.

Girls are awesome though. Because boobies.
:bounceboobies:

Matt Smith.

I wouldn't call it a man crush but rather finding him one of the awseomest people in the world, I mean seriously... HE'S SO AWSEOME!

562660_629899517025965_341142295_n.jpg
546117_631441743538409_623200752_n.jpg

Dat hair. Those brows. I can only hope to look that good when I'm 30.
He's the only actor that I call good.
I wouldn't kiss him but surely I'd give him a hug.

I feel like I'm cheating by posting a man crush... xD But then again, I call guys I like that are manly men, and guys that are feminine, boys.

Michael Rooker in the walking dead I think is sexy as hell. Older or not, he just fits his character so well, and my god does he have some natural beef to him!

twd-s3-merle-dixon-first-look-560.jpg

16764841001_2269999005001_video-still-for-video-2269999684001.jpg

And then Chris Hardwick from "The Nerdist" and "Talking Dead"
Chris-Hardwick.jpg

hardwick_0377-512b96eb4bad9.jpg
He is just fucking adorable xD Cuteness overload. Just agh! xD. Squee'd a little.

I feel like michael is a weird one for me. He has what I like.. But I feel like I shouldn't like him xD

Top Bottom