What's new

Beloved actor Robin Williams dead at 63

sweetloaf

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide

The Huffington Post | By Alana Horowitz
n-WILLIAMS-large.jpg

Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.
He was 63.

The apparent cause of death was suicide, authorities said. According to his publicist,Williams had been battling severe depression.

Williams was best known for his starring roles in classic comedies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. He rose to fame while playing Mork the alien in the TV show Mork & Mindy, a Happy Days spinoff.
Most recently, Williams had starred in the new CBS sitcom 'The Crazy Ones.' It was cancelled after just one season.

Susan Schneider, the actor's wife, released the following statement to the New York Times' Dave Itzkoff:
"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one if its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."​

This has made me so sad.

When I was a kid, my folks used to tell me stories about these actresses and actors from the "old days" and how they were great and super famous - usually punctuated with a "they're dead now". I had never heard of most of them. And now it's happening. My kids are never going to know/appreciate Robin William's work in the way we do.

-brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry--brucecry-

Just got home to two teary eyed gals. My gf and her sister are watching What Dreams May Come. Apparently Cuba Gooding's character has a line about no one wanting to an live eternity at age 63...

Top Bottom