What's new

Best Adventure

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
Hey all,

I´m going to do an adventure evening at my work, because these are games that are easy to play in large groups. Currently I want to play Broken Age, since I´ve recently finished it and still remember the solution of most things, but I wonder what the favorite Adventure of you guys is.

I'm obviously not the target audience for your question here, but what's an Adventure?

I´m talking about point and click adventures, games like the old Maniac Mansion, Leasuire Suit Larry, and Monkey Island up to more modern games like the Deadalic Entertainment games and Broken Age.
There are also other kind of adventure games, those are the games from Telltale. While those are huge fun to play on your own, in groups they tend to suck because of some time limitation.
Lastly there are Action-Adventures, this is how you called games like Diablo and Dungeon Siege back then.

Oh. I've played most of those. How about some Sam and Max or Kings Quest? I'm not sure I'd recommend either for group play, but maybe a horror based game could have merits in group?

Sam and Max are something to consider, Kings Quest, just like Space Quest is too slow in opinion.

Agreed. How about a horror based one? Maybe with a non-sexualized female protagonist if you're introducing it to broad group of coworkers?

"broad group of female coworkers" so yeah, non-sexualized female protagonist is a must. What horror game are you thinking about? Except from Amnesia, none come to my mind. And Amnesia isn´t as scary in groups.

Hm, good point on the horror. Comedy then. I vote Grim Fandango or SoMI (male leads). Sam and Max can get a little weird at times.

Else, The Longest Journey.

Top Bottom