What's new

Black Desert going Buy to Play for U.S.?

Passage

Polychromatic
Love me some B2P, but still not convinced they're going to avoid a P2W debacle.

http://black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-online-the-buy-to-play-saga/

--------------------

Daums’ decision to use the Buy to Play (B2P) business model was well received by the community as well as us here at black-desert. Recently information regarding the preorder of the game was released on the official website. Let’s have a look at what Daum has in store for us!

bd1.png

The so called “Traveler’s package” grants Players access to the beautiful world of Black Desert costs 29,99€ and comes with basic perks (see list), an enhanced version is the “Explorers package” at 49,99€; this one apart from featuring several ingame perks grants Players access to CBT2 and gives them a 48hour headstart when preordered. The last package called “Conqueror’s package” comes at a hefty price: 99,99€! It features almost the same range of perks at the “Traveler’s package” but twice the quantity and if preordered allows Players to enjoy a 96 hour headstart!

bdo.png

------------------------

MMOs.com has a good take on why Daum's may have done this...
http://mmos.com/editorials/black-deserts-buy-to-play-model-wont-work

"Daum Games want to make as much money as possible. Starting out as buy to play is actually a genius business move because it allows them to get cash up-front from the game's most hardcore users. After sales start to slow down they can always go free to play. Going from buy to play to free to play is a viable strategy, but going from free to play to buy to play isn't. I think Daum Games is making a smart business decision to start as buy to play, but as someone looking forward to the game I’m disappointed."

Yikes. Well let me tell you this, THE GAME IS GORGEOUS, LIKE STUPID GORGEOUS. If the gameplay holds up without healers and trinity and a very Guildwars esque feel even with the open world PvP, that is all it is, GORGEOUS. Which to be honest warrants a few hours of play right there.

I will wait for the NA beta to make my final decision if I buy into it.

Top Bottom